Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mackey to UK?

Featured Replies

Not sure if this has been posted on a thread or not, but there has been much talk of multiple meetings between Mackey and Billy G. Mackey is also freely telling people around town that he is going to be a Wildcat. I'm not denying this to be true but I would seriously doubt he would be eligible for next year....he is facing jail time and then must become academically eligilble (not sure if you can do that in jail)....has anyone heard anything futher?

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of last week, UK was NOT recruiting Bud Mackey.

  • Author

As of the end of Feb. he was invited and attended a UK home game.....if not a recruit he must just be a personal friend of Billy G......rough crowd :) I am positive that they have met multiple times just not sure if a offer has been set on the table yet, I guess you could say they are "courting" him, but not "recruiting" him.

Hopefully they can get him to come as a walk on, that way we don't have to use a scholarship on a felon.

Hopefully they can get him to come as a walk on, that way we don't have to use a scholarship on a felon.

 

Yep, I would definately take him as a walkon. If he works out great. If not, send him hiking.

KentuckySportsRadio talked about this last week, saying UK had interest but there was no offer or anything yet.

I hope KY's not recruiting him.

  • Author

I like the walkon idea, I think the kid deserves a second chance but he needs to have to work for it.....

I hope KY's not recruiting him.

 

With the rebuilding state that UK is in now... I really don't think we have the luxury to turn away talent.

With the rebuilding state that UK is in now...

 

Second place in the SEC East in a rebuilding year... must be nice.

We had a great run in the conference and are playing great right now.... but to say this team doesnt have a lot of holes is ludacris.

Second place in the SEC East in a rebuilding year... must be nice.

 

Tied for second place in the entire conference (although we'd lose the tiebreaker). Still though.

Can we possibly sign some players taller than 6-6? Mackey walking on would be fine with me. A scholly needs to go to a post player.

Exactly how many scholly's do we have left after Miller and Liggins. Why can't UK give somebody a second chance in life. I've been around kids that have made aweful decisions back in poverty EKY. I've seen a few end up dead because of drug related issues; but if somebody just would have beieved in them and let em have one more shot at (baseball in the case I was close too) they would have ended up making a life for theirself and he would have played major D-1.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.