March 10, 200818 yr Could someone please tell me exactly what Mackey's legal status is right now ? Is he awaiting trial ? What are the chances the kid gets to play ball anywhere next year ?
March 10, 200818 yr With the rebuilding state that UK is in now... I really don't think we have the luxury to turn away talent. Yes, you can. Don't sell your soul.
March 10, 200818 yr I'd be very disappointed in BCG and UK for taking the kid on. Send a message that you can't be rewarded with a scholly to a big-time program if you sell drugs. Period.
March 10, 200818 yr Could someone please tell me exactly what Mackey's legal status is right now ? Is he awaiting trial ? What are the chances the kid gets to play ball anywhere next year ? Dont hold me to this, but i THINK he's awaiting trial
March 10, 200818 yr Could someone please tell me exactly what Mackey's legal status is right now ? Is he awaiting trial ? What are the chances the kid gets to play ball anywhere next year ? Awaiting trial. Grades are just as much of an obstacle as his legal troubles in terms of playing anywhere next year...
March 10, 200818 yr Funny when he was still an IU commit, IU and CKS were blasted for not dropping the offer right away. Now hes interested in UK and most want him, so so funny!
March 10, 200818 yr Awaiting trial. Grades are just as much of an obstacle as his legal troubles in terms of playing anywhere next year... When "awaiting trial" is in the conversation, the conversation should be over.
March 10, 200818 yr When "awaiting trial" is in the conversation, the conversation should be over. Exactly!
March 10, 200818 yr When "awaiting trial" is in the conversation, the conversation should be over. I still think the felony will be reduced and he will enter diversion before it ever goes to trial. I guess time will tell...
March 10, 200818 yr I still think the felony will be reduced and he will enter diversion before it ever goes to trial. I guess time will tell... I hope for his sake that he gets a chance to move on from this (but no more than any other kid in his situation). I just don't want that 2nd chance to include a D1 athletic scholarship. What's ultimately agreed to is nothing more than negotiations. It doesn't change the act itself.
March 10, 200818 yr Author Not sure if diversion is going to be an option, I would say he will face at least six months in jail, and then the grade issues must be resolved unless the prep school accomplished a miracle.....
March 10, 200818 yr Awaiting trial. Grades are just as much of an obstacle as his legal troubles in terms of playing anywhere next year... Let the legal system do it's job then. It's pointless to speculate where the kid may end up before he even goes through his trial. Does he deserve a second chance ? Sure, everyone does. If he is convicted of a crime however, Kentucky, and all other schools that are recruiting him should allow him to walk on only. He should have to earn the respect and trust of everyone involved before he is given a scholarship.
March 10, 200818 yr Funny when he was still an IU commit, IU and CKS were blasted for not dropping the offer right away. Now hes interested in UK and most want him, so so funny! I never blasted IU, on account that I didn't care. He's got the talent, if he gets his legal issues cleared up and can get a D1 scholly, good for him.
March 10, 200818 yr Let the legal system do it's job then. It's pointless to speculate where the kid may end up before he even goes through his trial. Does he deserve a second chance ? Sure, everyone does. If he is convicted of a crime however, Kentucky, and all other schools that are recruiting him should allow him to walk on only. He should have to earn the respect and trust of everyone involved before he is given a scholarship. Agree 100%
March 10, 200818 yr Does he deserve a second chance ? Sure, everyone does. . "Second chance" is such a nebulous phrase. What exactly would you say is an acceptable 2nd chance? Does it involve the right to go to school for free? Or does it simply mean he gets a "second chance" by avoiding spending time with other lonely men in prison? I MIGHT be OK with the latter. No way in heck am I OK with the former regardless of his talent level.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.