March 9, 200818 yr I don't hate them, but the fans make it hard not to. That "who day" chant is the dumbest thing I have ever heard... :lol:
March 9, 200818 yr There's a certain very vocal segment of Bengals fans who exhibit the exact same behavior as a certain very vocal segment of UK fans who've turned me against the respective teams. I've been a big CP fan since his frosh year at USC, and hated to see him get picked by Mike "King Bungle" Brown. That's a big part of it. I don't hate the Bengals organization...I hate the majority of their fans though. They are way too conceited for a team that hasn't won a playoff game in a while...
March 9, 200818 yr I love the Bengals but they just don't want to spend money for some players and that means they will never be good.
March 9, 200818 yr I don't like them because they have their first winning season in pretty much forever a couple years ago and all of a sudden everyone is sporting bengals jerseys and yelling Who Dey in my face. I also don't like how most the NFL commentators have a love affair with Chad, if T.O or Moss did half the stuff he does they would be labeled as arrogant and having no sportmanship. Whenever Chad does it all I hear is "Chad is such a fun guy" and "thats just Chad being Chad". Im sick of him and glad to see he will be out of Cinci so I can hate them less.
March 9, 200818 yr I don't like them because they have their first winning season in pretty much forever a couple years ago and all of a sudden everyone is sporting bengals jerseys and yelling Who Dey in my face. I also don't like how most the NFL commentators have a love affair with Chad, if T.O or Moss did half the stuff he does they would be labeled as arrogant and having no sportmanship. Whenever Chad does it all I hear is "Chad is such a fun guy" and "thats just Chad being Chad". Im sick of him and glad to see he will be out of Cinci so I can hate them less. Basically sums up my thoughts about Cincy
March 9, 200818 yr Love the Bengals, been a life long fan. When Mike Brown is out, whenever that may be, that's when we start winning.
March 9, 200818 yr I hate them! Too many instant fans around when they do have a decent year. Lucky that only happens once in 17 years. New name: The Cincinnati Cicadas
March 10, 200818 yr Lucky that only happens once in 17 years. New name: The Cincinnati Cicadas :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Thats great
March 10, 200818 yr I don't hate the Bengals at all. I am a fan but I must say the last couple of years has got me disliking them more and more. I want to watch a football team and not a prison inmate audition . I will say that imo the Bengals are the worst ran orginazation in the NFL, maybe in all of professional sports. I personally am getting tired of hearing......next year is the year and seeing the same ol' same ol' on the field. I just hope the Bengals are not on the fast track back to the previous decade. (and on another far less important note: Bengals......please get rid of those uni's,:irked: all of them. They imo look terrible and more like a kids pair of p.j.'s than a football team). I guess that it is safe to say that I like a more traditional uniform.
March 10, 200818 yr Lucky that only happens once in 17 years. New name: The Cincinnati Cicadas :lol::lol: Classic!
March 10, 200818 yr I would say, however, that I do believe the Brown family wants a winning team and wants to have the city behind the Bengals, but they just don't know how to do it. And as long as they can put a mediocre team out on the field and make millions, they don't have any incentive to remove themselves from running the team. Very true. Brown would like a winner, but only for what it would do to increasing his income (higher ticket prices?). What it appears he absolutely does NOT want to do, is to change the status quo...that being able to rake in millions while have an average team? I thought that when he started letting Katie take charge in more of the negotiations, that might have changed. I think the jury's still out on that one. My litmus test for how well the front office is run...would Paul Brown, as a coach, want to work for this team?? Somehow, I think he'd say "No thanks, I'll go start a team of my own." Says something for the franchise, don't you think?
March 10, 200818 yr I don't hate the Bengals. I just have a hard time trying to figure out why part of the team is nothing but a bunch of morons???!!
March 10, 200818 yr I believe there is also a perception by many that the Bengals are rooted for by the entire Commonwealth. Outside of the NKY area (and maybe to the East of NKY), they may be popular, but where I live, for example, the Tennessee Titans, St. Louis Rams, and Colts are just a state away and shorter in distance (Indy is comparable) than Cincy. Around here, the Bengals are irrelevant.
March 10, 200818 yr Love the franchise, hate the direction that it has gone in in the last several years. The principles that Paul Brown built it around have disappeared.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.