Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why do you hate the Bengals?

Featured Replies

I don't, but I get the impression many of you do. If so, why do you hate (or at least not like) the Bengals?

  • Replies 71
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't, but I get the impression many of you do. If so, why do you hate (or at least not like) the Bengals?

 

For me, it's not the Bengals. It's what Mike Brown has done to the team. I had season tickets, and yes I may still buy tickets occasionally because I

love the game. 1 winning season in the last 17 is a pretty good reason for ill will.:cry:

I'm a Steelers fan. The 2 go hand in hand.:D

There's a certain very vocal segment of Bengals fans who exhibit the exact same behavior as a certain very vocal segment of UK fans who've turned me against the respective teams. I've been a big CP fan since his frosh year at USC, and hated to see him get picked by Mike "King Bungle" Brown.

I love the Bengals, even though they are not very good. It makes it very exciting when they are actually good.

I don't hate them... I just don't like them...

I'm a Browns fan.... plus I'm around their fans EVERY day. Somehow one winning season in the last 20 years or whatever gives you room to brag CONSTANTLY.

And for the record, I don't really hate the Bengals. I'm just kind of indifferent toward them. Sparring with the fans is fun, tho. :fire:

I don't hate the Bengals, but I'd like them better if Mike Brown didn't own them.

I love the Bengals but can't stand their front office... they can't even make a successful trade anymore.

Carl Pickens, Corey Dillon, Chad Johnson..........and oh yeah, some guy named Brown. They epitomize everything that is wrong with professional sports.

 

Not to mention that the best season my children have seen was the same season in which Chad Johnson swung (and possibly connected) on a coach in a PLAYOFF game.

 

It's pretty hard to get behind a group of guys who:

 

1. Lose......a lot

2. Aren't here for very long (if they are any good)

3. Play as individuals and not as a team

4. Get arrested for the most ridiculous things, given their circumstances

5. Generally underachieve

 

It is my opinion that this city is dying for a sports team to get behind. The problem is that the ownership isn't dying for the city to get behind the team. They couldn't care less....

Same reason for the Reds. I don't live in Ohio or Northern Kentucky.

 

I don't hate them, just get sick of hearing/reading/seeing them so much. Back when I was a child it was even worse.

I don't hate them, just hate hearing about them. I mean how good are they when fans are satisfied with 8-8.

Browns Fan, but I will root for the Bengals when they play the Steelers and Ravens.

It's pretty hard to get behind a group of guys who:

 

1. Lose......a lot

2. Aren't here for very long (if they are any good)

3. Play as individuals and not as a team

4. Get arrested for the most ridiculous things, given their circumstances

5. Generally underachieve

 

It is my opinion that this city is dying for a sports team to get behind. The problem is that the ownership isn't dying for the city to get behind the team. They couldn't care less....

 

Hard to disagree with the 5 bullet points.

 

I would say, however, that I do believe the Brown family wants a winning team and wants to have the city behind the Bengals, but they just don't know how to do it. And as long as they can put a mediocre team out on the field and make millions, they don't have any incentive to remove themselves from running the team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.