March 10, 200818 yr I don't like them because they have their first winning season in pretty much forever a couple years ago and all of a sudden everyone is sporting bengals jerseys and yelling Who Dey in my face. I also don't like how most the NFL commentators have a love affair with Chad, if T.O or Moss did half the stuff he does they would be labeled as arrogant and having no sportmanship. Whenever Chad does it all I hear is "Chad is such a fun guy" and "thats just Chad being Chad". Im sick of him and glad to see he will be out of Cinci so I can hate them less. Do you really expect to hear many "Who Deys" when they're not winning?
March 10, 200818 yr I'm a Browns fan.... plus I'm around their fans EVERY day. Somehow one winning season in the last 20 years or whatever gives you room to brag CONSTANTLY. We Bengal fans can brag to Browns fans because the Bengals have at least been to two Super Bowls. :p
March 10, 200818 yr We Bengal fans can brag to Browns fans because the Bengals have at least been to two Super Bowls. :p See, this is what I'm talking about. Wow, you've been to some Superbowls... HOORAY. You also have one winning season in the last two decades. Pick and choose where you want to brag.
March 10, 200818 yr Do you really expect to hear many "Who Deys" when they're not winning? No, but I didn't expect all the "fans" to suddenly materialize after one playoff appearance. Now everywhere on UKs campus there are Bengals jerseys and signs reading "Who Dey?" hanging from peoples windows..... just a few years ago it seemed like those guys didn't even know Cincy had a team.
March 10, 200818 yr I believe there is also a perception by many that the Bengals are rooted for by the entire Commonwealth. Outside of the NKY area (and maybe to the East of NKY), they may be popular, but where I live, for example, the Tennessee Titans, St. Louis Rams, and Colts are just a state away and shorter in distance (Indy is comparable) than Cincy. Around here, the Bengals are irrelevant. :thumb:I don't hate them, I just don't think about them except what I read on BGP.
March 10, 200818 yr I love the Bengals. Win or lose, they're my team. It wouldn't bother me at all if the majority of Bengals "fans" I was around was like this. I'm glad you're a true fan
March 11, 200818 yr See, this is what I'm talking about. Wow, you've been to some Superbowls... HOORAY. You also have one winning season in the last two decades. Pick and choose where you want to brag. But, you and I both know that if the Browns were to ever just win the AFC title (forget about the Super Bowl for right now), their fans would burn down Cleveland with all the celebration!! They'd have reached a milestone in the franchise, and would want to brag. So, you do your boasting about what you can. In Cincinnati's case, it's the fact that we've been to two Super Bowls. It's not much...but it puts us a step ahead of some teams. And as a fan who suffered through the 90's with Bengals...having that glimmer of hope with Palmer and crew was very refreshing. Perhaps it got a bit overdone by some people, but there's crazy fans with just about every team. Ignore them...the rest of us are a lot more reasonable! By the way...anybody else miss the Bernie/Boomer matchups from the late 80's??? That helped make these Browns/Bengals games even more of a classic rivalry...that, along with Sam Wyche's comments!
March 11, 200818 yr It wouldn't bother me at all if the majority of Bengals "fans" I was around was like this. I'm glad you're a true fan I'm a Bengals fan now, but I'm old enough to remember that the only team to root for before the Bengals was the Browns. I was a huge Browns fan then and my all-time favorite player is Leroy Kelly.
March 11, 200818 yr I'm a Bengals fan now, but I'm old enough to remember that the only team to root for before the Bengals was the Browns. I was a huge Browns fan then and my all-time favorite player is Leroy Kelly. I can relate to this I am also a fan of the Bengals but a part of me will always root for the Browns (and no one can accuse me of bandwagon jumping to a great championship team with that one :lol:). I also love the Packers. I don't think that there is anything wrong with being a fan of more than one team. Actually, the only teams that I really despise are the Ravens and Broncos :madman:. I dislike the Steelers but can at least stomach them at times. Like I said in an earlier post though, the Bengals are sinking lower and lower on my list. That has nothing to with the losing, it has everything to do with the way the organization is ran. On another note about your post, I was also a big Leroy Kelly fan along with Paul Warfield.:thumb:
March 11, 200818 yr ^ I can relate to what you're saying OR. I can remember those days of watching those Browns teams. Paul Warfield was super, along with Gary Collins. Frank Ryan at QB. Gene Hickerson. The list goes on and on.
March 11, 200818 yr 1) Who dey... maybe not the worst thing I've ever heard, but I'm struggling to find others. 2) They're in Ohio... that never helps. I only cheer for one team in Ohio and that's because my loyalty begins and ends at my tuition dollars (Trinity, Dayton, UofL) 3) Who dey... I mean, SERIOUSLY?!? This is what Bengals fans come up with? 4) Boomer, I don't much like your attitude. 5) Orange and Black just don't do it for me.
March 11, 200818 yr I fall between hating them and just not liking them. I tend to really hate them when they have ME players on the team. I started out young not liking them because so many people liked them, it made me sick. Bad reason but it has stuck and I am almost always rooting against them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.