Lex Cath 54 Dunbar 51 (43rd District Championship)

Was a hard fought win for the Lady Knights. Novosel really stepped up in the second half and led the team to victory. Briana Green played sparingly in the first before sitting out the entire second half. This win can give the Lady Knights some confidence as they head to region now. Dunbar still played a good game.

This is a huge advantage going into the regional tournament. Congrats Lex Cath on a HUGE win. I have thought all year that Dunbar was the best team in that region. Makes for a very exciting 11th region tourney. Good luck to both teams, probably will see rematch in the regional finals.

Yes, the coaches decided to rest her for the region. Novosel really has looked good these past two games. She is hitting her jumpers and driving to the hole. Her team D is also good and she is getting the rebounds. If this momentum carries the Lady Knights to the state tournament I think she will be tough to beat as Miss Basketball.

A loss that Dunbar needed to have before heading into the region. I think this will easily propel them to the Region Title now!

Easily? Im not sure about that, but if there is such a thing as a good loss, I guess this could be it. Lex Cath not having Green for the entire second half and still winning I think is the bigger storyline here. Novosel really stepped up. I think if these two teams meet up again the Lady Knights have to continue playing hard on Dunbar's big girls inside and preventing the penetration by the guards. Dunbar just has to find a way to stop Novosel, but to do that they'll need constant double teams and that can leave Lex Cath's other players open and while they aren't as deep in years past they can all still finish.

Novosel isnt as good as Reid IMO. If Reid had Novosels team she Lex Cath would win the state easy. Congrats to Lex Cath and good luck in the region.

Novosel is by far better than Reid. Novosel makes others around her better and is a team player. Reid just wants her stats.