February 9, 200818 yr I figure we could all have a lot of fun with this. I got in the mail today a 38x56frame that I had to get specially made for this poster. It's an Evil Dead poster from Italy. You can see how odd the poster is since it features the house from Psycho. It is signed by 6 people all in person when I went to Baltimore for a convention in 20005. Hal Delrich, Tom Sullivan, Ellen Sandweiss, Betsy Baker, Sarah York, aka Theresa Tilly AND of course the one and only Bruce Campbell. I'm going to Dallas next month for another convention and HOPEFULLY will have a few rare Elm Street posters signed, those might become the prized possession, but for now, this one is. :lol:
February 9, 200818 yr Well for one we have my paternal great great grandfathers' Reise Pass ( travel permit ) to go from Tecklenburg through Prussia to the port of Bremerhaven to travel to North America Dated 1868 . My brothers and myself also own an Edison Home Phonograph along with three horns a small ,a large and very large one called a Morning Glory, and 120 + cylinder records . We have the recording stylus and also several cylinders that my great grandfather and his sons recorded their voices on .
February 10, 200818 yr Well, I'll chime in. And hopefully this will sound the right way, but I don't have any possessions that are priceless to me. Assuming family doesn't count, I'll have to say that I have a Buck lockblade knife that was my grandfather's and it holds alot of sentimental value to me.
February 10, 200818 yr My father's Military uniforms from when he was in Vietnam all starched and pressed and sealed in a bag. Also his Bronze Star and purple heart.
February 10, 200818 yr Since I don't think of my husband as a possession, but he is my biggest prize, I will have to say my wedding band. Then right below that is letters that my grandmother sent my father, her son, when he was in WWII. In one of those letters is two pieces of chewing gum that she must have sent him and he didn't chew. I also have the post card that the Red Cross sent my grandmother telling her that her son had arrived overseas just fine. I did have my daddy's medals but when my oldest nephew looked at them with such wonder in his eyes I gave them to him. No, he didn't ask for them in words but his eyes did. Anything that I have of my daddy's is my 2nd list prized possessions.
February 10, 200818 yr I have to list my family as my most prized possession. Also, the American Flag that was draped over my father's casket.
February 10, 200818 yr My most valuable possesion is my Grandmother's guitar. When Granny got to the point that she couldn't play anymore, I would sit down with her and play her favorite songs. every time I get to missing her, I get the guitar out and play it, thinking about her singing along.
February 10, 200818 yr My most prized possession of monetary value is an Elvis Presley gold record (Why I haven't sold it yet, IDK) and several autographed items by various artists. BTW- For the record, I was not alive to get the Elvis record, I bought it at an auction in one of those "Box-o-junk items" for 5 bucks
February 10, 200818 yr My house It belonged to my grandparents and I really wanted to keep in in the family.
February 10, 200818 yr The American flag that my Dad brought back from Vietnam. I swear its the one material thing that I would go back in my burning house for.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.