Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight resigns from Texas Tech

Featured Replies

Most people on SportsCenter say that it wasn't fun for him anymore, and that he was tired of coaching, and now was the time to go. I still think it's weird that he does this at this point in the season, why not wait til the end?

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite Comment from Coach Knight

 

"The only thing I would like to say about this place is it's a Mickey Mouse operation, but that would be an insult to Mickey Mouse!"

His greatness as a basketball coach in no way negates nor overcomes his inability to know how to treat people.

 

He's a sad case.

Well, it's probably one of two things. He is either sick (which I hope not) or he has hit some student and his punishment was he had to retire to stay out of trouble. I'm sorry. That was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard this last night. He is a good X's and O's coach but I for one am glad he's gone. Good riddence.

I know Bobby would lose it from time to time, and I have listened to some of his press conferences where he answered the same stupid question several times. Some reporters went looking to instigate. I would have to think the good he did far outwieghed the bad. After all who wouldn't want to stuff an LSU fan in a trash can.

He quit I wonder what he would say about one of his players if they quit in the middle of the season. Typical hypocritical bully, do as I say not as I do!!!

 

He is now a QUITTER!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quitter part subject to change if done out of medical reasons.LOL

You seem to get a little more talented if you don't want to get choked out or punched. A great coach who definately got the attention and best performances out of all of his players! 902 wins and 3 titles...enough said!

IMO the best coach ever. He made college basketball fun and this is a great loss to the NCAA.

He quit I wonder what he would say about one of his players if they quit in the middle of the season. Typical hypocritical bully, do as I say not as I do!!!

 

He is now a QUITTER!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quitter part subject to change if done out of medical reasons.LOL

 

So the day you decide to retire someone can say you are a quitter?

 

When you retire when is a good time? Your response is at the end of the season. Well that isn't a good time becuase college sports is a year round job.

 

He left Texas Tech with a head coach. Pat was handling 85% of the daily duties.

I find it strange that he would just up and quit during the middle of a season. How many times do you think he's preached the opposite to his own players?

Not being a fan of Knight I am not saddened by this at all. It was reported that he retired this way because he didn't want the grand tour around the Big 12 and I can believe that.

What's so hard to believe that he just decided that now was the best time to go? If he feels tired, worn down, or has lost a little bit of drive then why drag the team or program down by sticking around? Pat was already in place and ready to take over.

Knight is an all-time great and an icon in the sports world. He can choose to retire whenever he wants.

902 wins shows the man knew a lot about basketball and how to win games. In no way, shape, or form, does it mean he was a man of high class, character, or morals. He was a crass, rude bully who regularly humiliated 19 and 20 year old kids to stroke his own ego.

902 wins shows the man knew a lot about basketball and how to win games. In no way, shape, or form, does it mean he was a man of high class, character, or morals. He was a crass, rude bully who regularly humiliated 19 and 20 year old kids to stroke his own ego.

 

Was he a jerk to those he didn't like? Yes. Did he run programs the right way? Yes. Did he graduate players? Yes. Did he make those 19 and 20 year old kids better players and better men? Yes. You knew what you were signing up for and if you could handle it, you came out with an education and as a better person.

He quit I wonder what he would say about one of his players if they quit in the middle of the season. Typical hypocritical bully, do as I say not as I do!!!

 

He is now a QUITTER!!!

 

 

 

Quitter part subject to change if done out of medical reasons.LOL

 

Ironic, isn't it? I heard someone else say this today about him demanding loyalty and commitment from everyone involved and then he abandons them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.