Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight resigns from Texas Tech

Featured Replies

With his history, it's natural to wonder if there is something more. Would actually be nice if he just left on his own terms with nothing else to the story, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something else behind it. I guess we will find out soon enough.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very surprised about this. The ticker at the bottom of the UL Marquette game says he can't do it anymore after 42 years and he is tired.

Knight is a great coach, no one can question that. Like I had said earlier, he will be thought of first about all of his outburst, senless stunts, temper tantrums, rage on the sidelines and some absolute idot press conferences that he though were funny.

Knight did a lot of good as well, no doubt but imo that is not what will be remembered. As far as a basketball coach, preparation, in game adjustments there weren't many, if any better.

 

I equate him to the great Ohio State football Coach Woody Hayes. Woody was no doubt a great football coach who did a lot of good and cared for his players.

All that Woody will be remembered for by most will be the Clemson Player incident.

With his history, it's natural to wonder if there is something more. Would actually be nice if he just left on his own terms with nothing else to the story, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something else behind it. I guess we will find out soon enough.

 

:thumb: I hope that you are right and there is nothing else.

:thumb: I hope that you are right and there is nothing else.

 

Looks like he has just had enough. Nothing negative has been reported. WOW 902 wins.

I will be taking a day off from work tomorrow to just lay around the house in my Texas Tech gear and watch old Indiana videos and cry. May you catch many a fish General.....you are what athletics and this country used to be about when it came to honesty and expectations!! :cry:

:ylsuper:

I will be taking a day off from work tomorrow to just lay around the house in my Texas Tech gear and watch old Indiana videos and cry. May you catch many a fish General.....you are what athletics and this country used to be about when it came to honesty and expectations!! :cry:

:ylsuper:I hear you corners in!

What I read was that he was just ready to go and make it easy on Pat coming in. Instead of starting new next year, he gets to finish out this year and roll on into next year. I'm not saying I necessarily buy that, but maybe Bob wanted to get over 900 and get out.

An amazing coach, no doubt. One of the tops of all time.

 

But, I still cannot bring myself to like the man because I truly feel he is a bully. Went to Texas Tech, a place he could control the environment, and got his signature wins. I am a lot happier knowing Coach K should surpass him in 4-5 years.

Bobby Knight left under his own terms and what an amazing career it was.

I hate to see this end this way. He is a great coach, who told it like it was. God luck to Coach Knight.

 

Now he can fish every day.

:thumb: I'll bet that he has already called Jerry McKinnis (espn outdoors) and set up a few fishing trips ;).

Never seemed to matter how good he was as a coach, there were those always ready to bring him down ! There are plenty of coaches that would like to have his ball savy !

I agree, not many (if any) better than he was as a coach. As for the "bringing him down I agree but I also have to say that he could have avoided most of it, he brought a lot of it on himself.

Bobby Knight left under his own terms and what an amazing career it was.

 

:thumb: I am glad that he left under "his terms". I have many a problem with the way that he handled some things and some of his actions but aanyone that loves the game of basketball has to admire him as a coach. (preparation, teaching, in game....he obviously had it all)

An amazing coach, no doubt. One of the tops of all time.

 

But, I still cannot bring myself to like the man because I truly feel he is a bully. Went to Texas Tech, a place he could control the environment, and got his signature wins. I am a lot happier knowing Coach K should surpass him in 4-5 years.

 

Spot on. :thumb:

An amazing coach, no doubt. One of the tops of all time.

 

But, I still cannot bring myself to like the man because I truly feel he is a bully. Went to Texas Tech, a place he could control the environment, and got his signature wins. I am a lot happier knowing Coach K should surpass him in 4-5 years.

 

Coach K imo is exactly like Knight only he does his inimidating and bullying in less obvious ways.

Both great coaches , both world class jerks!

"K" just doesn't make it as obvious by acting like an idiot in a p.c.. and he whines and cries more than Knight.

JMO

Coach Knight is one of the best coaches ever, obviously. What I like dabout him was that, he'd always find a way to get everything out of his players. Even if they wasn't the most talented in the gym, he would always make every single player better.

I thought he has looked miserable ever since the day he set foot on campus at Texas Tech.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.