Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight resigns from Texas Tech

Featured Replies

Just reported on ESPN. Effective immediately, his son Pat will take over...

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if there is more to the story. A great coaching career comes to an end.

  • Author
I wonder if there is more to the story. A great coaching career comes to an end.

 

Same here. I imagined he would leave at the end of the season, but it's odd that he's quitting in the middle of the conference schedule. I'm sure more will be coming out shortly.

Very interesting. Wasn't expecting this.

Shocking to say the least..... anybody have a reason? Just heard it and haven't looked anything up.

I just heard this as well, the ESPN crew doing the U.L. game was stunned. They (especially Bilas) thought that it would come ant the end of the season and not now. One comment from one of the guys was that he had made the statement that "he just wasn't enjoying it (coaching) anymore". No doubt a great coach and coaching carrer.

Sadly, the first thing that anyone will think of or say when the subject of Knight's carrer comes up will be all the outburst/controversey instead of his innovative carrer (developing the motion offense), his 900+ wins and the National Titles.

 

I guess that I have to say it.......Bob Knight has thrown in the chair, uh...I mean towel.

Same here. I imagined he would leave at the end of the season, but it's odd that he's quitting in the middle of the conference schedule. I'm sure more will be coming out shortly.

 

ESPN just said that they were going to have a sportcenter special on Coach Knight on ESPN2 later this evening.

Well I guess the natives were getting restless in Lubbock. I checked out one of their message boards, and there was a Fire Coach Knight thread. :lol::lol: I wound venture to say that his heart just isn't in it anymore. The game simply isn't the same anymore.

I hate to see this end this way. He is a great coach, who told it like it was. God luck to Coach Knight.

 

Now he can fish every day.

Never seemed to matter how good he was as a coach, there were those always ready to bring him down ! There are plenty of coaches that would like to have his ball savy !

Wow, was any reason offered or more to follow.

Bobby was always fun, you have to admit that!!!

Wow, was any reason offered or more to follow.

 

I'm sure there is more to follow ! He probably upset a mom or dad , or the admin. As we all know he can do so well.

No one is reporting much right now but it doesn't seem that there is a story to this one other than he decided to quit rather abruptly. I'd say he just wasn't enjoying it as much anymore and with Pat already in line to take over, it should be a somewhat seamless transition.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.