Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight resigns from Texas Tech

Featured Replies

It sure doesn't sound like Bobby is officially retired.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the timing of this whole thing was very heavily based on him making sure his son was the next head coach...

Their relationship was severely strained by the '75 season. In the regular season game IU kicked KY all over the court. Late in the game Knight walked over in front of the UK bench to argue a call despite being up by 20 or 30. (No coaches box then)

 

Hall, quipped to Knight something about, "Give it a rest Bobby you don't want all the calls do you?"

 

Knight retorted something to the effect of, "You coach your team and I'll coach mine."

 

With that Hall said he was sorry and meant nothing by it. When Joe B. turned to go back to his seat, Knight cuffed him on the back of the head. Knight held out his hands and said, "I didn't mean anything by that either Joe."

 

It so incensed Hall and UK that when they met in the Regional Finals Revenge was the best part of the upset. I think Knight never got over the loss and Hall never trusted Bobby again. They stayed cordial but nowhere near the buddies they had been before.

 

:thumb: I remember when that happened now that you mentioned it, was great to see Knight's best team ever fall to U.K. and Joe B. in a regional final. Especially after what had happened in the reg. season. Later in the Final four we (U.K.) fell to UCLA in John Wooden's last season/last national title.

I think the timing of this whole thing was very heavily based on him making sure his son was the next head coach...

 

There was already a contract in place stating that was going to happen, wasn't there?

There was already a contract in place stating that was going to happen, wasn't there?

I have no idea.

Asked if he will ever coach again he replied..."Never say never".

 

Bama needs a coach now...

Asked if he will ever coach again he replied..."Never say never".

 

Bama needs a coach now...

I could actually see him doing well at Alabama. I thought going to Tech was an awful, awful, awful decision from the beginning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.