Highlands JV Champions

Congratulations to tourney host Dixie. These tournaments entail many volunteers and workers and the folks at Dixie were great hosts. Their PA announcer is also top notch, and the ice cold Diet Mountain Dews were delicious! Oh yeah almost forgot, congratulations to the Birds too, really.................

5 Freshman , 4 Jrs and a 7th grader on the squad. Be nice if the LadyBirds could duplicate NDA's sweep of last years regionals:thumb:

They sure should M Crunch, with 4 juniors 2 of whom moonlighting as JV all stars, I wish I clould have placed a pre-tourney wager on this action.

That said, their kids play great defense and that'll win many tournaments irregardless of class in most any sport. Haven't seen their frosh in action this season, but their Varsity team has as good a chance as any to take the 9th. This years Regional should be a gem.

They sure should M Crunch, with 4 juniors 2 of whom moonlighting as JV all stars, I wish I clould have placed a pre-tourney wager on this action.

That said, their kids play great defense and that'll win many tournaments irregardless of class in most any sport. Haven't seen their frosh in action this season, but their Varsity team has as good a chance as any to take the 9th. This years Regional should be a gem.

Don't know who's moonlighting? MVP Conner is a freshman.

Congrats to the Highlands JV. That is fantastic!

While the Admin. at Highlands is soo busy fixing up the facilities, they better start figuring out where they are going to put all these trophies.:banana:

A great problem to have by the way.

When I played JV, we started 2 sophs and 3 Jrs. Whats your point?

I think his point is obviously that Highlands was successful in the tournament because they started and played upper classmen. Unfortunately when your varsity team is loaded and you have upper classman that don’t get a great deal of playing time you play these players to develop them for situations that arise in varsity games throughout the year and for the upcoming year. Most coaches would love to have this problem.

When I played JV, we started 2 sophs and 3 Jrs. Whats your point?
My point is that the stsrted only 3 JRS,not 4. They also played several frosh in the game. I was not saying the reason they won the game was because they were playing upperclassmen. They play upperclassmen to get PT which will only help the team during tourney time.

My point is that the stsrted only 3 JRS,not 4. They also played several frosh in the game. I was not saying the reason they won the game was because they were playing upperclassmen. They play upperclassmen to get PT which will only help the team during tourney time.

Thanks for the clarification.