Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sean Casey To Boston

Featured Replies

First baseman Sean Casey has signed a one-year, $700,000 contract with the Boston Red Sox, according to ESPN's Peter Gammons.

 

Casey hit. 296 in 143 games last season with Detroit. He is a career .301 hitter in 11 major league seasons. He broke in with the Cincinnati Reds in 1997. He split time with Detroit and Pittsburgh in 2006 before returning to the Tigers for the entire 2007 season.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3225795

:cry::cry::cry:

 

Never wanted to root against him but.......

Will the Red Sox use Casey as a DH? Youkilus trade or is he going somewhere? Ortiz?

  • Author

At 700,000 my guess is he's bench depth...

Good for Casey. He'll definitely have a great chance at getting to the World Series.

:cry::cry::cry:

 

Never wanted to root against him but.......

 

:thumb: I am with you on this one, it is going to be tough watching "the Mayor" in a Boston uni. Casey is one of my favorte players. The Red Sox have good one.

 

I can say that I hope that he has a great year and the Red Sox finish behind the Yankees in the division and playoffs.

At $700,000 per season I would be the bench.

 

My son will be glad to hear this. He likes the Red Sox and of course Casey.

Solid addition for the Sox...

Good for Casey. He'll definitely have a great chance at getting to the World Series.

 

He got to the World series with Detroit 2 years back.

I bet he is there in case Youk gets hurt and to pinch hit in certain situations.

I bet he is there in case Youk gets hurt and to pinch hit in certain situations.

 

Youkilis is also a solid thirdbaseman so it gives them a chance to give both he and Lowell a day off here and there. I'm not sure how badly he was needed but for what he's being paid it is a solid bat off the bench.

No longer a fan...

 

That's sad too...Why should he be judged by what team he is on? Why can't he be judged as a the player and person he is. To say someone isn't a fan because they went to a different team is ridiculous. He is a really good player and has a great personality along with a big heart. He needed a job and Boston offered why should he lose fans over that?

:thumb: I am with you on this one, it is going to be tough watching "the Mayor" in a Boston uni. Casey is one of my favorte players. The Red Sox have good one.

 

I can say that I hope that he has a great year and the Red Sox finish behind the Yankees in the division and playoffs.

:thumb: I like the way you think!!!!:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.