Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2 assists on one play...

Featured Replies

In what was described it would be a rebound for the guy that made the basket. No assist awarded. I think we all know there is no such thing as 2 assists on one play.

 

Correct. If he attempted to dunk it, that is a shot and the first guy would have been credited with a rebound. So, Packer was even more wrong than usual.

 

It is impossible to have 2 assists on one play--it would completely go against the definition of an assist.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way to have more than one assist on a play in basketball.

 

Sparks did walk and I am glad the refs didn't make the call.

Remember, Packer is the one that yelled and screamed that Sparks walked when he took the ball out of bounds against UL a few years ago. He doesn't know the rules.

 

Was he wrong?

What if a play throws a lob and two players dunk it in at the same time? I've seen it where it was so close you couldnt tell who did what except who passed it. In this situation I know that the basket only counts for two pts but two players put the ball in at the same time.

IMO 1 basket =1 assist but there are instances where if I was keeping stats may just give two players an assist.

What if a play throws a lob and two players dunk it in at the same time? I've seen it where it was so close you couldnt tell who did what except who passed it. In this situation I know that the basket only counts for two pts but two players put the ball in at the same time.

IMO 1 basket =1 assist but there are instances where if I was keeping stats may just give two players an assist.

 

 

still one assist. there was only one that threw the pass.

  • Author

Ok so even if he didn't attemptthe dunk and realized he couldn't do it so just ooped it back, still only 1 correct?

Billy Packer---enough said. Talks to be talking.

I can't see how a double assist could exisit. 1 pass, 1 basket. Someone had to throw the last pass in some form or fashion.

Ok so even if he didn't attemptthe dunk and realized he couldn't do it so just ooped it back, still only 1 correct?

 

This is more of the scenario I envisioned when you described it initially...

 

If he ooped it back, he gets the assist... If he attempted the dunk, it's a rebound and a put back for the other player.

Until somebody cites me a rule book entry referencing something officially called a "double assist," which describes two assists being credited on the same play, it's a figment of Packer's dust-filled imagination as far as I'm concerned.

  • Author
Until somebody cites me a rule book entry referencing something officially called a "double assist," which describes two assists being credited on the same play, it's a figment of Packer's dust-filled imagination as far as I'm concerned.
I didn't think so either, but when he said I thought, well, if it's possible, I guess that'd be how.
Was he wrong?

 

100% ! THere is no pivot foot when you take the ball out of bounds thus you cannot have a travel. There is no rule that says your feet cannot move.

100% ! THere is no pivot foot when you take the ball out of bounds thus you cannot have a travel. There is no rule that says your feet cannot move.

 

 

Yes there is. You cant move while taking the ball out of bounds unless its after a made basket. If you do its a walk.

Yes there is. You cant move while taking the ball out of bounds unless its after a made basket. If you do its a walk.

 

You, my young friend, are under the same misunderstanding that many b-ball fans are when it comes to actual rules. The above is 100% pure RULES MYTH.

 

I don't know what rulebook the CCH IBL uses but real basketball uses a rulebook that does not support your claim(or BIlly Packer's).

OUCH!!!

 

Hey, we were all young and brash and thought we knew it all , right? I know I was until these "old guys" kicked the collective rear ends of me and my freshly minted high school diploma carrying boys in slow pitch.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.