Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2 assists on one play...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you can't score two baskets at once, and you can't have an assist without a corresponding basket, no. This isn't hockey.

  • Author
Since you can't score two baskets at once, and you can't have an assist without a corresponding basket, no. This isn't hockey.

I just saw one in the Indiana game, if it is possible.

 

I don't know that it's true but Billy Packer even mentioned, the "double assist play".

  • Author

It was in transition, an alley oop pass was thrown too high, guy tried to dunk it anyway and it clearly missed, no rim or anything. The guy who originally threw the oop catches it in the air and puts it in.

 

If it's possibile I would assume it would have to be done that way.

I'll make the assumption that only the player who the pass was originally intended for will be officially credited with the assist...

I just saw one in the Indiana game, if it is possible.

 

I don't know that it's true but Billy Packer even mentioned, the "double assist play".

 

I've never heard of such a thing in 25+ years of close watching of the game. May just be one more example of Packer's lunacy.

 

Describe the play. I can see an announcer calling a play where say, a player is fast-breaking up the court, and finds a teammate cutting the wing, who then touch-passes to a teammate down low. The player making the touch pass gets credit for the assist, even though the guy running the break is most responsible for getting the ball in position to score.

 

Regardless, I've never heard of a "double assist."

I think its possible to have 2 assists on one play(I'd have to re-read the guidelines) but it would not be possible for the same player to have 2 assists.

 

Remember, Packer is the one that yelled and screamed that Sparks walked when he took the ball out of bounds against UL a few years ago. He doesn't know the rules.

I'll make the assumption that only the player who the pass was originally intended for will be officially credited with the assist...

 

He won't be credited if he tried to dunk the ball.

I think its possible to have 2 assists on one play(I'd have to re-read the guidelines) but it would not be possible for the same player to have 2 assists.

 

Remember, Packer is the one that yelled and screamed that Sparks walked when he took the ball out of bounds against UL a few years ago. He doesn't know the rules.

 

Who was it who made the call a few seasons ago that in college basketball a player could not go out of bounds and be the first player to touch the ball?

Google "double assist". The term is frequently used.

I think its possible to have 2 assists on one play(I'd have to re-read the guidelines)

 

Note: The above is incorrect.

 

Note 2: The assist is not automatically the last pass before the shot.

Google "double assist". The term is frequently used.

 

Yeah, for soccer and hockey.

I've never heard of such a thing in 25+ years of close watching of the game. May just be one more example of Packer's lunacy.

Describe the play. I can see an announcer calling a play where say, a player is fast-breaking up the court, and finds a teammate cutting the wing, who then touch-passes to a teammate down low. The player making the touch pass gets credit for the assist, even though the guy running the break is most responsible for getting the ball in position to score.

 

Regardless, I've never heard of a "double assist."

 

That's classic!:jump:

Possible in hockey, but not in basketball I don't believe.

In what was described it would be a rebound for the guy that made the basket. No assist awarded. I think we all know there is no such thing as 2 assists on one play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.