Bill Gates' Creative Capitalism

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again..it's simple. You don't buy the product. Do you buy the wristbands for causes you don't agree with? For example...you might buy the "Live Strong" wristband, but may not buy the "Gay Rights" wristband. YOU control your donation, by deciding what you do or don't buy.

Sounds simple, but with Microsoft how many choices do I have? Not very many good ones. Aren't you talking about the donations that I make? That I have a choice in? I don't have a choice with what Microsoft makes donations in.

Sounds simple, but with Microsoft how many choices do I have? Not very many good ones. Aren't you talking about the donations that I make? That I have a choice in? I don't have a choice with what Microsoft makes donations in.

That's not true. In this particular instance, Gates has started a new division, the Red line of products. Only a portion of the proceeds of those prodcuts is donated.

That's not to say that as a whole, Microsoft or any other company doesn't donate a portion of their total profit. But in this specific instance, an whole new initiative has been created for a specific purpose. That definitely ensures you have a choice of buying those products or not. Given the publicity surrounding the Red products, I venture to say the at the very least, the American consumer can find enough information to make the choice for him/herself about supporting the cause by buying the products.