Rules for all A

425 students in the top 3 grades has been the cutoff since the tournament became statewide in 1990. And yes, I do feel like there are some schools that are too large. The cutoff should be based on the top 4 grades, instead of the top 3, at around the 500 enrollment number. But that's their decision and it's their tournament, so I can live with whatever decisions they make.

Thank you for the information.Would it be too far fetched to think that if the number is based on the top 3 grades that only the top 3 grades would be allowed to play.ALSO IS IT A RULE THAT IF A STUDENT IS IN ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL OR CLASSES THAT NUMBER IS TAKEN OFF THE SCHOOLS NUMBER OF STUDENTS?Thanks in advance.okiefan

I read on another thread about this subject that the All A has changed their format. They are now going to take the smallest 125 schools in the state based on the top 3 grades. The numbers will come from the KDE each year. So, if this is the new plan, then some schools will be rotating in and out of the tournament quite frequently.

I read on another thread about this subject that the All A has changed their format. They are now going to take the smallest 125 schools in the state based on the top 3 grades. The numbers will come from the KDE each year. So, if this is the new plan, then some schools will be rotating in and out of the tournament quite frequently.

I was wrong about the bolded part. The numbers will be based on top 4 grades.

Thank you for the information.Would it be too far fetched to think that if the number is based on the top 3 grades that only the top 3 grades would be allowed to play.ALSO IS IT A RULE THAT IF A STUDENT IS IN ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL OR CLASSES THAT NUMBER IS TAKEN OFF THE SCHOOLS NUMBER OF STUDENTS?Thanks in advance.okiefan

An alternative school is a completely different location and program..It is like an independent to a county school. Why in the world would those count toward all A. If it is in the same building, it would be different but just because it is in the county it should not count, plus many take kids from all over the area (other counties included) in an effort just to get them to graduate from High School. It would be like counting the local Christian Academy in your county school numbers.

Seems like you feel that your school has had an opponent they should not have had.