January 15, 200818 yr With him putting up big stats, the scouts will notice and he might leave earlier than people may think he will.
January 15, 200818 yr I hope he continues to get no attention, in fact I hope they don't recognize him again until his senior year, that way he won't jump to the NBA. I don't think that is going to happen, some how I think that the NBA will notice him anyway , don't ya think? :lol:. He has said that he is in college for 4 years I believe but those ideas seem to change when a kid and hus family start seeing and hearing about the $$$$ / NBA. Pattersons mother has said that she wants him to stay four years, hopefully what momma wants moma gets.
January 15, 200818 yr Nope. He would be UNC's 3rd big man... If PP was at UNC, he would get around, 6-10 points a game, MAYBE. The same at Memphis... I'm not buying it.
January 15, 200818 yr I'm not saying 18 points a game/8 rebounds a game. I said COMPARABLE numbers, and yes, I am GRASPING it, and yes, I still say he WOULD see measurable playing time, even at those schools. The kid has talent, no matter where he is playing. He is showcased here because the lack of talent, somewhere else, he could get away from a lot of the double and triple teams because of the talent levels and still get points. A lot of his misses are from the way he is defended. He could not be defended as he is at, say, NC. He would get points and PT.
January 15, 200818 yr My top 5 freshmen are Kevin Love Michael Beasley Patrick Patterson Eric Gordon Derrick Rose Patterson's work ethic and ability to score and rebound while facing double and triple teams is impressive. All of the other frosh, except maybe Gordon, have a much better supporting cast that allows them easier buckets than what Patterson gets.
January 15, 200818 yr I will admit, I did not see Patterson performing the way he has thus far. I watched him 4 or 5 times in high school, and I took for granted how big of an impact having Mayo on his team had on his numbers (not that they were bad). While probably not one of the top 5 Freshman, he is easily in the group just behind. I still see a lot of potential in the kid. He is a good PG and complimentary post player away from really showcasing his skills.
January 15, 200818 yr I will admit, I did not see Patterson performing the way he has thus far. I watched him 4 or 5 times in high school, and I took for granted how big of an impact having Mayo on his team had on his numbers (not that they were bad). While probably not one of the top 5 Freshman, he is easily in the group just behind. I still see a lot of potential in the kid. He is a good PG and complimentary post player away from really showcasing his skills. I agree with you 100%. IF Morris was still here and Jasper was 100% how much better would PP look?
January 15, 200818 yr I am very impressed with PP. I think he has a great future that will land him in the show, hopefully for UK's sake not for a couple of years. But to think he can go and produce at the same clip for the #1 and #2 teams in the country is silly IMO. Having watched both UNC and Memphis a couple of times each, once in person, how can folks think he would get those touches? Color me confused.
January 15, 200818 yr Author If PP would have went to Duke like he was looking at he would get alot of touches.
January 15, 200818 yr I am very impressed with PP. I think he has a great future that will land him in the show, hopefully for UK's sake not for a couple of years. But to think he can go and produce at the same clip for the #1 and #2 teams in the country is silly IMO. Having watched both UNC and Memphis a couple of times each, once in person, how can folks think he would get those touches? Color me confused. That's the key...if he played for a team like UNC or Memphis with so much talent, he wouldn't be playing as many minutes and getting enough touches to produce the same way. It's not that he would be any less capable of doing it there, just that he wouldn't have to carry as big a load. I'm sure there would be games when he would have huge performances...and others when someone else was hot where he may not score much at all. At UK, he's the focal point of the offense, so he's always getting a lot of touches so he's always scoring double figure points...and playing a large number of minutes.
January 15, 200818 yr 1. Patrick Patterson IMO made the best decision on which college to attend for both himself and UK. 2. Patrick Patterson may be a top 10 freshmen in many years, but not this year. This class is too good. He should make at least 2nd team All Freshmen at the end of the year, if not for his stats then for the fact that as a true freshman he has been the center of this team's offense in a pretty good basketball conference (albeit a down year). 3. Patrick Patterson would not start at UNC or average anywhere close to the points and rebounds that he has been putting up. He just wouldn't get the minutes. (not to say he COULDN'T do it, he wouldn't be given the chance. That being said, if they had his minutes, I am sure some backups at some top schools could potentially put up his numbers).
January 15, 200818 yr Patrick is a very good player, who will get better when the talent around him improves. He works hard, even does the dirty work, and has the respect of his teammates and coaches. He has had a good year and hopefully will get better.
January 15, 200818 yr My top 5 freshmen are Kevin Love Michael Beasley Patrick Patterson Eric Gordon Derrick Rose Patterson's work ethic and ability to score and rebound while facing double and triple teams is impressive. All of the other frosh, except maybe Gordon, have a much better supporting cast that allows them easier buckets than what Patterson gets. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.