Wireless router help.

PutMeInCoach

I'm leaving my old apple one at my house and I need a new one for my apartment. I'll be using it for my PS3 and my laptop. I'm not looking to spend to much, where should I go and what brand should I look at?

Linksys WRT54G. Forget the one with then "Speedbooster" technology --- you won't need it and I'm not sure it actually does anything.

wrt54g.gif

Forget about anything claiming 802.11N technology --- that is a rough-draft standard that won't be finalized for another 18 months. Do not buy Belkin --- other than their USB hubs, they make junk. Linksys is a division of Cisco Systems, and they probably have the whole networking thing figured out. :lol:

Linksys WRT54G. Forget the one with then "Speedbooster" technology --- you won't need it and I'm not sure it actually does anything.

wrt54g.gif

Forget about anything claiming 802.11N technology --- that is a rough-draft standard that won't be finalized for another 18 months. Do not buy Belkin --- other than their USB hubs, they make junk. Linksys is a division of Cisco Systems, and they probably have the whole networking thing figured out. :lol:

Thats the one I went to get but sadly found out it was sold out when I got there. My Belkin has done the job so far but i expect it to go anyday now.