Boone County 64 Covington Catholic 48

I said early in the season that 4 teams had a legit shot to win the 9th and Boone was one of the 4. Not surprised by Boone winning at all. I wouldn't even call it an upset. I'm only surprised by the margin.

Its tough to score without getting points at or near the rim. That's not on one player. That's on the team. There are plenty of ways to score inside without having a dominant inside player.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No dark horse at all when you are talking about Boone County this year. Best team I have seen play this season from NKy and I have seen Holmes, HHS, Dixie, and HC play and none are as deep or as good as Boone County....Congrats

I have seen Holmes and Boone play, and Holmes would beat Boone.

Holmes is by far the best team in the 9th!

No dark horse at all when you are talking about Boone County this year. Best team I have seen play this season from NKy and I have seen Holmes, HHS, Dixie, and HC play and none are as deep or as good as Boone County....Congrats

Boone County is not better than Holmes. Holmes plays great defense and i think they are 10-15 points better than Boone. Not taking anything away from Boone Co., they played a great game tonight and they are a really good team, i just dont think they are as good as Holmes.

Boone Co has sophomores that really shouldnt be considered Sophomores. The fact that they are is really scary but consider this. Earls started last year as a Frosh, Gabbard,Flannery,and Popp all play Div 1 AAU ball and have been on teams that have advanced far in the National tournament. They are all seasoned players that are just now getting used to playing Varsity ball against other 9th Region opponents. I think they probably have overall the most talent from top to bottom but its a crapshoot once you get to the Tournament. There are 4 teams and maybe 5 in Dixie that can win this thing. My 4 are Highlands, Boone, CCH, and HOlmes.

I'm not suprised by the outcome but the margin is bigger than I would have imagined. I haven't seen CCH play but I've seen Holmes and BC (without McFarland) and I think BC is more versatile on the offensive side of the ball. Good PG, good shooters and a big man who can score.

I'm not suprised by the outcome but the margin is bigger than I would have imagined. I haven't seen CCH play but I've seen Holmes and BC (without McFarland) and I think BC is more versatile on the offensive side of the ball. Good PG, good shooters and a big man who can score.

I agree there all around game is the best I have seen so far this year.:thumb:

Boone lost to Davies County 77-73, Holmes were up 30+ and ended up winning 74-56. Not saying that Boone is not any good, just saying we'll see.:confused:

Boone lost to Davies County 77-73, Holmes were up 30+ and ended up winning 74-56. Not saying that Boone is not any good, just saying we'll see.:confused:

Boone didn't have McFarland in that game and were still up at half time, losing in the last minute with 4 sophomores on the floor. Daviess was in the double bonus almost the whole fourth quarter and hit their free throws.

Boone's sophomores are used to seeing physical and quick defense. The guards are quick and are difficult to press. They have had a lot of experience facing intense pressure from some of the top AAU teams in nation over the last 4-5 years. They don't get rattled very easily.

In addition, the sophomores have played several years in a row against the Holmes sophs in AAU and school ball and have been very competitive with them.

I think it will be a good game. I think Holmes would have a rebounding edge, and Boone will have a shooting advantage. Both teams play great defense and both will be hard to press.

Boone didn't have McFarland in that game and were still up at half time, losing in the last minute with 4 sophomores on the floor. Daviess was in the double bonus almost the whole fourth quarter and hit their free throws.

Boone's sophomores are used to seeing physical and quick defense. The guards are quick and are difficult to press. They have had a lot of experience facing intense pressure from some of the top AAU teams in nation over the last 4-5 years. They don't get rattled very easily.

In addition, the sophomores have played several years in a row against the Holmes sophs in AAU and school ball and have been very competitive with them.

I think it will be a good game. I think Holmes would have a rebounding edge, and Boone will have a shooting advantage. Both teams play great defense and both will be hard to press.

Excellent points. When is the Boone Co. vs. Holmes game?