January 9, 200818 yr Only a little more than a week into the search, the Ravens have confirmed what they already knew: Few of the candidates for the team's vacant coaching job have previous head-coaching experience. But what if the Ravens could get an established head coach in exchange for draft picks? Would they be willing to make the swap? "No, we're not at that point, not yet," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said yesterday. But they could be soon, and one name that keeps popping up is Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, the Ravens defensive coordinator from 1996 through 2001. Lewis is still revered in Baltimore because he was the architect of the Ravens' 2000 Super Bowl-winning defense, one of the best in league history. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/columnists/bal-sp.preston09jan09,0,490169.column
January 9, 200818 yr So, how many draft picks would the Bengals have to give Baltimore for them to take Marvin??????
January 9, 200818 yr I was just about to start a thread asking about this, because a friend of mine heard this on the radio this morning. So I was going to start a thread to see if anyone else have heard about this.
January 9, 200818 yr Author I was just about to start a thread asking about this, because a friend of mine heard this on the radio this morning. So I was going to start a thread to see if anyone else have heard about this. Thanks for sharing...
January 9, 200818 yr I was just about to start a thread asking about this, because a friend of mine heard this on the radio this morning. So I was going to start a thread to see if anyone else have heard about this. GT always seems to beat us to the punch. He must not have a whole lot on his plate:D
January 9, 200818 yr GT always seems to beat us to the punch. He must not have a whole lot on his plate:D GT's pretty eager to speak his mind on BGP. He can't get a word in at home...
January 9, 200818 yr Marvin would have a better opportunity for success in Baltimore. Maybe longterm but they have no QB, and the D is getting older by the minute.
January 9, 200818 yr I think a move like this could be good for both parties. Marvin gets to coach a team that still has talent and wants to win. Cincy gets extra draft pics and new blood to stir things up.
January 9, 200818 yr I think a move like this could be good for both parties. Marvin gets to coach a team that still has talent and wants to win. Cincy gets extra draft pics and new blood to stir things up. Baltimore has some talent, but it's very old. I'm not convinced Billick has done a great job in the draft room in recent years either, so we'd get to see what Marvin can do, assuming he has a great deal of personnel control.
January 9, 200818 yr GT's pretty eager to speak his mind on BGP. He can't get a word in at home... It's because sticky is always lurking around GT's wife.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.