Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The "I Support Coach Billy Clyde" Thread

Featured Replies

They also had a healthy roster centered around an effective center. What were some of these good teams that they beat btw? UCLA, UNC, Florida, Kansas, Memphis, Vandy? No, they lost to all of them.

 

DePaul, Indiana, Louisville, Tennessee, Alabama.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DePaul, Indiana, Louisville, Tennessee, Alabama.

 

You can scratch everyone off that list besides Tennessee.

Ask me this same question 2 years from now! :lol:

 

100% BEHIND HIM!

 

I'm behind him! Yes I criticize him but it's only because I want him to succeed. I hope the rumors are false and I hope he can bring UK back to elite status!

 

I support Billy Clyde 100%! Give him time, you can not judge a coach coming into a totally new school, giving a totally new system, having injuries, and having his second best big man a walk on that would not even get to play on most division 1 schools. He is a great recruiter, he is a good coach when his players believe what he preeches, and he will turn this around, maybe not this year, but in the years to come. He will have UK at national prestige once again!

 

 

I'm behind him 100%. I think it will take 2-3 years to truly clean up this mess.

I'm behind him 100%. I think it will take 2-3 years to truly clean up this mess.

 

:thumb:Well I agree 100%. :D

Give it time. Rome wasn't built in a day. UK will be fine in a few years.

I'm 100% behind BCG! Just give him time, he will be fine.

 

Tubby won his first year with Rick's players, and unfortunately now BCG is losing in his first year with Tubby's players.

I support him 100 %.

 

I'll support him for him for the next 3 to 4 years. Any reasonable fan has to give him the time and the chance to build something here.

  • Author

I hope he knows that the vast majority of fans are behind him!

How are you a Kentucky fan? Any where else winning 22-26 games a year is kind of good. UK fans expect 30 wins a year and a NC at least every other two. And it amazes me how you can say Tubby put UK fans through torture for 10 years :rolleyes:

 

Billy G is under the same pressure Tubby was under. I find it funny how Tubby goes 22-13 or whatever it was and they want him out. I bet a lot of UK fans want ole Tubby back, because I know I sure would.

 

Billy G may be under MORE pressure than Tubby, because the Wildcat faithful are HUNGRY.

 

I'm not a big Billy G fan, I didn't think he had proven himself yet, he wasn't my choice for coach, and so far, I have not been impressed. He needs to teach his players to stop the dribble penetration, learn to play a 2-3 zone, and pound the ball inside.

 

However, I definately do not want Tubby back. I can see why those who were not UK fans would want Tubby back, though. Simply put, Tubby went downhill. He started at the top, and settled in the middle of the pack. Tubby is the perfect coach of Minnesota, where winning 20 games will be a godsend. I wish him the best, but I'm glad he's gone, and I hope he's happy without the pressure. He's a nice chap, but just not my kind of coach and I didn't enjoy watching his type of play.

 

Unfortunately, I don't feel fair in calling for the man's head just yet though. He's had to deal with new players, a new situation, and a ton of injuries. I'm reserving judgment, but if Billy G. doesn't improve in a year or two, I say out the door. Let's not let a bad situation get worse and fester for 10 years but give the dude a chance too. It's a little early to be cuttin' and running.

 

I always remember my favorite team when Pitino was coach was the team that went 13-19 the first year Pitino was there. UK lost by a small margin to number 1 NC that year and after the game Pitino was asked if he was pleased with his team's effort. He said something to the effect of "No I'm never pleased with a loss". BIlly G reminded me of that last night on his radio show when a self-described "passionate" UK fan called in and told him they were not disappointed in him and wanted him to keep plugging away. He said....if you aren't disappointed, then I question if you are as passionate a fan as you say you are. I'm disappointed and I'm not offended by anyone who is disappointed,"... and then went on to talk up the next game.

 

 

Let's not forget Pitino failed to win 20 games his first season as UL's coach and look at the caliber of play he is getting from his players now.

 

That's my two cents.

Because of injuries we have not been able to see the true Billy G as a coach. Let him have a full roster of the players presently at UK and I think the results are different.

 

I am not fond of the rumors that are circulating on his off-the-court activities but on-the-court there is no fair evidence to make a determination that the guy cannot coach.

 

I think statements to that effect are not fair.

 

I agree with your entire assessment; and hopefully the off court rumors are less valid than I think they are :cry:

I support Billy G, so long as he has a losing record:D

I find it ironic that all the "real Kentucky fans" tooting their own horns with threads like this are the same ones who primarily contributed to the divide that UK fans have gone through over the past few years. It's comical that all these "real Kentucky fans" think they are superior for constantly blaming Tubby and bringing nothing but negativity. You don't have to hate Tubby now to be a "real Kentucky fan". Ridiculous. I'm a "real Kentucky fan" because I support whoever is on the floor and on the sideline. I don't find joy in ripping guys who bust their butt everyday (Porter, Coury, etc) but don't live up to ridiculous expectations. I consider myself a "real Kentucky fan" because other "fans" make it so difficult, yet I'm still proud.

 

And a side note: Patterson was not recruited to UK by BCG, even he'll tell you that.

I support him 100% this is dead on a presidential election gonna take 3-4 years to see results of the new administration

I support him 100% this is dead on a presidential election gonna take 3-4 years to see results of the new administration

 

 

I don't think he will get that long... I don't think he is a Elite coach! Elite coaches have a ring or two.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.