Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The "I Support Coach Billy Clyde" Thread

Featured Replies

How are you a Kentucky fan? Any where else winning 22-26 games a year is kind of good. UK fans expect 30 wins a year and a NC at least every other two. And it amazes me how you can say Tubby put UK fans through torture for 10 years :rolleyes:

 

Billy G is under the same pressure Tubby was under. I find it funny how Tubby goes 22-13 or whatever it was and they want him out. I bet a lot of UK fans want ole Tubby back, because I know I sure would.

 

You can exclude me from this group.:ylsuper:

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it funny the hate UK fans have for Tubby Smith. I wish someone else came along to UK, and done as good as Tubby did. It wouldn't have mattered, they would be the one getting the hate right now, and not Tubby. The good thing about that is though, he is up in Minnesota sitting on a sweet 7-1 record, watching all of Kentucky cry.

 

Here you go bringing Minnesota into a Kentucky thread again...

So buzzers arguing with himself now.

 

If noone else bites, just go at with yourself. Nice!:thumb:

Because of injuries we have not been able to see the true Billy G as a coach. Let him have a full roster of the players presently at UK and I think the results are different.

 

I am not fond of the rumors that are circulating on his off-the-court activities but on-the-court there is no fair evidence to make a determination that the guy cannot coach.

 

I think statements to that effect are not fair.

 

I agree with LBBC. I also think that if the rumors are true then my opinion of him will change and he should be replaced as the coach.

UGH!!!

 

Amen!

BCG:

- 3 time Big12 coach of the year

- ONLY coach to produce the biggest turnaround in two different seasons

- Instituting a totally new system

- Dealing with injuries to key players

- Missing talent at key positions (PG and C)

 

Don't judge him yet. He's proven he can build programs. He's obviously in a hole with the talent and injuries so far. Give him a couple of years.

 

:thumb: agreed!

I support Billy Clyde 100%! Give him time, you can not judge a coach coming into a totally new school, giving a totally new system, having injuries, and having his second best big man a walk on that would not even get to play on most division 1 schools. He is a great recruiter, he is a good coach when his players believe what he preeches, and he will turn this around, maybe not this year, but in the years to come. He will have UK at national prestige once again!

  • Author

Great to see all the support. I am glad to see there are more real Kentucky fans out there that have a thread of common sense about this whole thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzer beater

Recruiting doesn't mean a thing

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzer beater

Recruiting does mean everything, I agree.

 

Winning doesn't matter. Winning is all that matters.

 

LOL, classic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzer beater

Recruiting doesn't mean a thing

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzer beater

Recruiting does mean everything, I agree.

 

Winning doesn't matter. Winning is all that matters.

 

LOL, classic!

 

I meant that the recruiting Billy G has done so far doesn't mean he is an elite coach. Not that recruiting doesn't matter because obviously it does.

I just wanted to say I support him. He is going through so rough times, its his first year everyone just calm down. Just look at Rick Pitino, he came in after Sutton's year of 13-19(our last losing season), so he had some rebuilding to do like BCG. He went 14-14 his first year trying to move away from Sutton's ways to his ways. Then the next year Pitino went 22-6 and just kept getting better from there. He finshed with a record of 219-50. Just give Billy some time and lets see what happens.

I just wanted to say I support him. He is going through so rough times, its his first year everyone just calm down. Just look at Rick Pitino, he came in after Sutton's year of 13-19(our last losing season), so he had some rebuilding to do like BCG. He went 14-14 his first year trying to move away from Sutton's ways to his ways. Then the next year Pitino went 22-6 and just kept getting better from there. He finshed with a record of 219-50. Just give Billy some time and lets see what happens.

 

That is true, but this Kentucky team didn't go 13-19 last year. They won 20 games. They beat some pretty good teams..

That is true, but this Kentucky team didn't go 13-19 last year. They won 20 games. They beat some pretty good teams..

 

Yeah but there weren't the best. It was rough for them to win those 20 games. I wasn't comparing Sutton's losing season to Tubby's season. What I was trying to do was point out the similarity between BCG and Pitino in the since of coming in to a new environment and trying to put in a new system and get rid of the old.

  • Author
That is true, but this Kentucky team didn't go 13-19 last year. They won 20 games. They beat some pretty good teams..

 

They also had a healthy roster centered around an effective center. What were some of these good teams that they beat btw? UCLA, UNC, Florida, Kansas, Memphis, Vandy? No, they lost to all of them.

I support Coach!

 

GO KENTUCKY! The season is young.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.