Roger Clemens implicated in Mitchell Report!!

98NCCalum

He won't because he's not a horse's rear end like Bonds is. IMO, they're on the same level as players. People who "cheated" to gain an advantage. However, they're not even close on the "good guy" meter...

They're not close on the meter, but only because Barry Bonds is so far off the meter you can't find his reading. Roger Clemens is a hated guy in many circles, and not someone I've ever particularly liked. He's basically a mercenary for one.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now lets see if he is going to get the same treatment that Bonds has got...

Whether it happens or not, there is going to be a lot of outcry for such treatment.

But sticky is right, Bonds is just a jerk to anyone that approaches him, even before the 'roids. And the fact he was chasing the most important number in sports was too much to handle for most.

Whether it happens or not, there is going to be a lot of outcry for such treatment.

But sticky is right, Bonds is just a jerk to anyone that approaches him, even before the 'roids. And the fact he was chasing the most important number in sports was too much to handle for most.

I understand that he may be a jerk towards some people but it doesnt take away from what he does on the field. If the " Rocket" doesnt get punished then Bonds shouldnt. There seems to be no more evidence on Bonds than there is on Clemens....

I understand that he may be a jerk towards some people but it doesnt take away from what he does on the field. If the " Rocket" doesnt get punished then Bonds shouldnt. There seems to be no more evidence on Bonds than there is on Clemens....

Well, except for that little perjury thing...

How this happened are in the details. The problem right now with all the denials from agents, players and lawyers is the history of these special reports, they are virtually solid in its evidence presentation and documentation. Anyone who would think George Mitchell would advance a position without a complete support of evidence does not know the history of this person at all. Selig was very smart to appoint Sen. Mitchell to investigate and report. I am willing to bet many an exit strategy is already being discussed by players to reduce the damage/impact this will have.

The big thing the are focusing on is throwing the book at anybody that does it from here on out. I don't think a whole lot is going to be done (if anything) to the guys that got busted. I think there are WAY more guys that they haven't called out yet. The only thing that might happen to the guys that got busted is keeping them out of the Hall of Fame. There records won't be dropped etc IMO.

The Trentonian (the paper in New Jersey that acts like it's the NY Post) had a great headline regarding Clemens this morning.

And I can't display it here. Guru would probably ban me, and the board's Republicans would vilify me. (I will admit that I consider that last item to be a high honor, coming from them. :lol: )

But if you want to Google it on your own (or look for it over at The Deadspin), I certainly won't stop you.

The Trentonian (the paper in New Jersey that acts like it's the NY Post) had a great headline regarding Clemens this morning.

And I can't display it here. Guru would probably ban me, and the board's Republicans would vilify me. (I will admit that I consider that last item to be a high honor, coming from them. :lol: )

But if you want to Google it on your own (or look for it over at The Deadspin), I certainly won't stop you.

To quote one of our erstwhile mods,

"Oh, my!"