Farm Bureau Classic

PIKEVLLE — Are you hungry for a full plate of exciting high school and college basketball?

This year’s 2007 Farm Bureau Classic, which runs Dec. 14-15 at the East Kentucky Expo Center, includes Cincinnati Withrow.

The Cincinnati-based school was a late addition to this year’s field and will bring two of the nation’s top high school prospects to Eastern Kentucky to battle 2006 Kentucky state champion — and pre-season No. 1 — Scott County in the classic finale on Saturday, Dec. 15.

Yancy Gates and Anthony McBride are two of the nation’s most explosive players. Gates is committed to the University of Cincinnati, while McBride is being looked at strongly by the University of Kentucky.

Scott County is led by Bud Mackey, who looks to test his skills and propel his bid to become Kentucky’s Mr. Basketball with a victory over Withrow.

The Kent Thacker Agency continues its tradition of bringing top quality basketball entertainment to the region.

Three games are on tap for Friday night (Dec. 14) as Pike County Central battles Jenkins at 6 p.m. Pikeville High’s girls face Boyd County at 7:30 p.m., and Pikeville’s boys face Belfry at 9 p.m.

The first session Saturday will begin at 10 a.m. when Cumberland faces Johnson Central in a battle of athletic teams.

Action shifts to the college scene at 11:45 a.m. as Pikeville College faces Kentucky Christian.

Paintsville will tangle with West Virginia high school power South Charleston at 1:45 p.m. The Tigers will face a group of Black Eagles who lost to Huntington High in last year’s state finals in Charleston, W.Va. SC looks to be pre-season No. 1 in the Mountain State.

The first session Saturday will conclude with Pikeville going up against Kingsport (Tenn.) Dobyns- Bennett. Legendary coach Charlie Morgan leads the all-time winningest program in the nation to their first appearance at the Expo.

The evening session will pit Mason County against Christ Presbyterian Academy at 5:15 p.m. Mason County brings one of the most sought after Division I players in Darius Miller into the classic.

Miller has committed to the University of Kentucky.

Christ Presbyterian also features Division I prospect Zaccheus Mason.

Shelby Valley battles Louisville Male at 7 p.m., and Scott County and Cincinnati Withrow conclude the event at 8:45 p.m.

Basketball fans are encouraged to turn out and support this event loaded with basketball talent.

http://www.medicalleader.org/pmc_news.html?id=2353

If you like Italian go to Chirico's ........ There is a new Hampton Inn that may open this week and is walking distance from the Expo .... If not Holiday Inn Express .....

No way … you can't visit Pikeville and not stay at the Landmark, and cap the evening off with drinks at the Mark II. It's a must.

No way … you can't visit Pikeville and not stay at the Landmark, and cap the evening off with drinks at the Mark II. It's a must.

For anyone looking for more than ballgames. The Landmark is a nice clean hotel. It has a nice restauraunt on the top floor and a bar. Also a nightclub (Mark II). Next door to a bank and Jerry's restauraunt. :thumb:

For anyone looking for more than ballgames. The Landmark is a nice clean hotel. It has a nice restauraunt on the top floor and a bar. Also a nightclub (Mark II). Next door to a bank and Jerry's restauraunt. :thumb:

I know when I was living in Pikeville, a buddy of mine would visit from time to time for work in the area, and I always ended up crashing in his room at the Landmark after we got done with a party night at the Mark II. I have *some* memories of the place. :D

No way … you can't visit Pikeville and not stay at the Landmark, and cap the evening off with drinks at the Mark II. It's a must.[/quote

J-Boy sure sounds good right now!!!:thumb: