Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina 86 Kentucky 77

Featured Replies

Cats gave it 110% and tryed there best. Cats will be lucky to keep Patterson for 3 years.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick question for those who watched the game. I was working and didnt get to watch or listen. Was this loss a lot worse than it looked on the score board at the end of the game ? I was able to listen to the game for about 30 seconds during the second half when they were down 18 or 20. Did we make a run on UNC's scrubs and younger players towards the end of the game or did we actually make up a few points on their starters ?

 

We made a little run.

We made a little run.

 

Thats encouraging to know.

 

I knew we were down 18 or 20 at one point and read the final score on here. I figured we put up some points on their bench in the last few minutes. I'm glad they were able to make up a little with the starters still in.

Quick question for those who watched the game. I was working and didnt get to watch or listen. Was this loss a lot worse than it looked on the score board at the end of the game ? I was able to listen to the game for about 30 seconds during the second half when they were down 18 or 20. Did we make a run on UNC's scrubs and younger players towards the end of the game or did we actually make up a few points on their starters ?

 

Carolina always seemed to be threatening to really open it up in the first half, but UK made enough big shots to keep it within 5, which was the half time deficit I believe.

 

The Heels made their move in the 2nd half, the Cats didn't have a response and it was coast city from there. I guess it's good to know the Tar Heels aren't 50 points better than the Cats, but the score isn't an indicator of how wide the gap is right now.

 

We all saw it in the Garden Ridge game, if this team falls behind, they don't have the fire power to come back.

Very proud of this team's effort today. Michael Porter is a waste, and Crawford, as usual, was killing us with those, "Hey, look at me I was a McDonald's All-American, oops I suck now" shots.

UK gave it everything they could it's just UNC is more talented. I must say though I am tired of moral victories in rivalry games we're Kentucky we don't do moral victories. Jasper and Meeks please get healthy soon we need you.

Some thoughts and observations:

 

1. Very poorly officiated game, both ways.

2. Patterson and Crawford are the only two with basketball instincts (although Legion may as well)

3. I'm confused as to why Stevenson was in with 3 fouls in the 1st half.

4. Bradley is a tough player to like for me. He just seems like the opposite of what I would want in a guard.

5. Porter and Coury shouldn't be on the court unfortunately.

6. I think after a year or two of recruiting, BCG is going to have a very good team here at UK. Patterson, Legion, and Stewart are very talented players that seem to do well in what Gillespie is trying to do, and I am sure more players like that will come along.

Very proud of this team's effort today. Michael Porter is a waste, and Crawford, as usual, was killing us with those, "Hey, look at me I was a McDonald's All-American, oops I suck now" shots.

 

I know that he forced some shots but he kept us in the game most of the time. I think he has improved his game this year all due to BCG..

I thought the effort was really good today. Like everyone else has said, the talent just isn't there. Thats probably as good as Ive seen Bradley and Crawford play on the same night. They still both made mistakes, but they also made plays. I thought Bradley did a good job frustrating Lawson.

Gillespie's hands are a little bit tied right now. If we had Jasper and Meeks we could defend better and play a more uptempo game. But without them you just don't have the quality players to do that. I'm very excited about the future, but it will take some time before UK is back near the top of college basketball again.

Kentucky kept it close for a half, but UNC simply was too talented for Kentucky. I'm actually fairly happy with the showing by the Cats. I can see improvement, and if the Cats can get Meeks and Jasper back then I think the Cats will be alright.

 

I didn't have to read but theis one to say that this was basicaslly what I was going to say. I thought that we played our best game of the season today. I believe that UNC is the best team in the country right now and quite frankly I was expecting to get embarrassed. Hopefully U.K. can get Jasper and Meeks back. This is going to be a long season (by U.K. standards) if not.

 

Now, lets forget this one and it is Indiana and the phone guy next Saturday!:ylsuper:

I believe that UNC is the best team in the country right now

 

Then you learned a valuable lesson today. While very good, UNC is not the best team in the country... ;)

Then you learned a valuable lesson today. While very good, UNC is not the best team in the country... ;)

 

Who do you like? I think UCLA is #1. :thumb:

Who do you like? I think UCLA is #1. :thumb:

I'm torn between Memphis St and UCLA...

I'm torn between Memphis St and UCLA...

 

I'll make the decision for you.. Memphis. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.