iPapi

Who wins the title?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think that the long trip to JC to play could have had any impact on the level that LC played at when they met?

I do.

I agree, this is practically a home game for Central. Some of these guys may have a shorter drive to Papa Johns Stadium than they do to Central Stadium. I think they will be well rested, and ready to go. How bout some Central fans show up and support these hardworking young men?

FTBIGBIRD[/b];2524823]I agree, this is practically a home game for Central. Some of these guys may have a shorter drive to Papa Johns Stadium than they do to Central Stadium. I think they will be well rested, and ready to go. How bout some Central fans show up and support these hardworking young men?

I will be at this game watching the team from the mountains dominate every phase of this game. I hope they are well rested because these bunch of young men from belfry have a very well rounded and talented football team.

Sounds a lot like Pity to me... just feeling sorry for them..IMO

Not it at all. I actually spoke with some of their fans(the band) and they were very cordial. I liked the sportsmanship that their team displayed on the field, I liked their coaches intelligence and use of the clock. He coached a brilliant game, Highlands just reached down deep and turned on the afterburners, it was over after that. I just don't want to root for Belfry. Honestly, I don't care who plays in the title game for 3A. Out of the two choices, I am entitled to pick who I want and I like Central. That's it.

As to talent. They look to have it in abundance. Watched a bit of the PT game thanks to the link provided earlier and they looked strong, big, and fast. I also didn't see any lack of discipline. I think all of the fans predicting Belfry to win big are off base.

I still say Belfry by 7 points. Gonna be a great ballgame.

Still gotta go with Central. Regardless of all the new info provided by Belfry faithful, thank you for that by the way. I just think that Central is one of those teams that plays according to their opponents ability. If their opponent is not fundamentally sound, they too will make some mistakes. If their opponent is firing on all cylinders, they too, will step it up and hit you hard and go for the knock out punch. I just think that they have too many weapons and a very good coach from the game I was at, to lose this game. Their coach has my vote for the difference maker in this game.

Central 35

Belfry 21

I can buy you picking them, but I'm sorry if it comes down to coaching then I will be very very very very happy, because we got Philip Haywood.

I have watched some Central film and done my fair share of research, here is my honest opinion, Belfry is still more physical than them. They have a heck of at eam though and very easily pullt he upset.

They got some nice speed and their QB plays real well.

I think though Belfry will provide some things they have yet to be seen which is the case when it comes to this point of season, both ways.

Belfry has to play ball, and I can assure you although some fans are looking ahead, I was around the team a little bit earlier and they are focused.

As for them having a short drive, that is fine. But that wont be a factor, for one Belfry will go down early Thursday and eat and then go get plenty of rest, they are guarded tight by coaching staff while in their rooms at night, so that could be a advantage to the Pirates, which I say the Yellow Jacket players will do the same to.

But Im telling you this will be a pretty good game, the difference, Belfry will wear them down at the end.

I for one certainly don't pity these kids. I respect the heck out of them. They play hard, agressive, and fast football. They take pride in what they are doing and it doesn't matter to these kids if they have 10 or 10,000 fans in the stands. They play to win and they play for their team.

It really does sound that way Rockmom.

If you are a fan of the program and would like to see them win, that great. If you are routing for the kids because nobody seems to follow them, thats fine too, but that IS sorta a pity approach.

I guess maybe you gotta know them, know their circumstances and then you'd respect where they are right now. It's not my story to tell, and it's not pity. It's a realization that these kids have accomplished something that's extremely exciting for their school, and have done so playing the toughest schedule imaginable, with probably at least 1/2 of the community support of some of their foes. It's not pity....it's respect.

FTBIGBIRD,

You are fine man. Nothing wrong with following a team that you played earlier in the year. It tends to happen every year. A team plays a great game with another program, and thereafter sorta takes an interest in their success.

Obviously LC earned the admiration of Fort Thomas fans by playing exceptional football.

I guess maybe you gotta know them, know their circumstances and then you'd respect where they are right now. It's not my story to tell, and it's not pity. It's a realization that these kids have accomplished something that's extremely exciting for their school, and have done so playing the toughest schedule imaginable, with probably at least 1/2 of the community support of some of their foes. It's not pity....it's respect.

Yeah I know their story kind of and I got a lot of respect for them, but this boy aint a pulling for them lol, but for a small fee I can wear a Rocks shirt Saturday haha.