Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship

iPapi

Who wins the title?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title?

FTBIGBIRD,

You are fine man. Nothing wrong with following a team that you played earlier in the year. It tends to happen every year. A team plays a great game with another program, and thereafter sorta takes an interest in their success.

Obviously LC earned the admiration of Fort Thomas fans by playing exceptional football.

Well put!:thumb:

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know their story kind of and I got a lot of respect for them, but this boy aint a pulling for them lol, but for a small fee I can wear a Rocks shirt Saturday haha.

Sure, you can pay me any fee you want to wear the shirt! :D

Rockmom,

I live in Louisville, so I think I understand what you mean. I just want to clarify what I said before. I think it is GREAT that people from Louisville are rallying behind Central. I also think it is NORMAL and UNDERSTANDABLE that those teams that Central played on the football field are also routing for them. I believe this is primarily because Central EARNED THE ADMIRATION of opposing teams by playing great football.

If someone is routing for Louisville Central because they have poor fan support, I think that is JUST FINE and a nice gesture, but IMHO, sorta tied to pity.

I know this is their first appearance... but if you can remember Belfry just won their first one in 03.. so yeah we know where they are coming from. As for their fans... I couldn't tell you.. With all of those BIG schools so close why not got watch Trinity or St. X.

No offense RM... I love ya to death.. I am stating my opinion...

Understood.

I just don't think that respect for these kids and what they've accomplished is pity. I don't think you realize what a feat it is for them. I think Coach Scroggins deserves consideration for COY. You think this team is undisciplined....you should know the history....

Rockmom,

I live in Louisville, so I think I understand what you mean. I just want to clarify what I said before. I think it is GREAT that people from Louisville are rallying behind Central. I also think it is NORMAL and UNDERSTANDABLE that those teams that Central played on the football field are also routing for them. I believe this is primarily because Central EARNED THE ADMIRATION of opposing teams by playing great football.

If someone is routing for Louisville Central because they have poor fan support, I think that is JUST FINE and a nice gesture, but IMHO, sorta tied to pity.

I haven't seen anyone saying their rooting for Central for that reason. Everyone has been respectful of the team and coaches, but mindful of their circumstances. I don't think Central will have poor fan support. They most likely don't travel well, but that has nothing to do with lack of support. Those fans will be @ Papa John's, trust me.

Not it at all. I actually spoke with some of their fans(the band) and they were very cordial. I liked the sportsmanship that their team displayed on the field, I liked their coaches intelligence and use of the clock. He coached a brilliant game, Highlands just reached down deep and turned on the afterburners, it was over after that. I just don't want to root for Belfry. Honestly, I don't care who plays in the title game for 3A. Out of the two choices, I am entitled to pick who I want and I like Central. That's it.

Well come down here and talk to some of our boys..I am sure they will show you some class, and as far as coaches go, ours without question is the epitome of class... We know all about using some clock.. that is what we do...You don't have to root for us, but some courtesy would be nice..

Pick who you want.. thats your right.. That's it.

I haven't seen anyone saying their rooting for Central for that reason. Everyone has been respectful of the team and coaches, but mindful of their circumstances. I don't think Central will have poor fan support. They most likely don't travel well, but that has nothing to do with lack of support. Those fans will be @ Papa John's, trust me.

Good to hear. I look forward to hearing some of the game while tailgating for the next game Friday in the rain and snow. Gotta love football season.

Good to hear. I look forward to hearing some of the game while tailgating for the next game Friday in the rain and snow. Gotta love football season.

Free foood, well I will be there.............dang we got a game haha. I'm really looking forward to a fun weekend of football.

Understood.

I just don't think that respect for these kids and what they've accomplished is pity. I don't think you realize what a feat it is for them. I think Coach Scroggins deserves consideration for COY. You think this team is undisciplined....you should know the history....

Any team to make it to the State is far from being undisciplined. I know nothing about this team. I don't know their story. As far as having no fans I do feel sorry for them.. we are lucky to have the greatest fans... I have nothing but respect for them.. share the history..