Corbin 77 Whitley Co. 59

Good game in the first half with Whitley leading by one at half time. Corbin came out and showed that they can score a bunch in a hurry and gapped the Colonels. Whitley lost their composure a little bit due to Corbin jumping out to a big lead, it got a little physical but unlike years past Whitley did not back down. They still lost their composure but did not back down. Basicly just a good hard physical district game.

Corbin is good and going to be even better when Josh Crawford returns. Manns and Johnson really carried the load and the outside game really took Whitley out of it.

I think Whitley will win some games this year and surpise some people as the year goes along, they really played some nice defense in the first half and turned Corbin over several times and got easy baskets, but could not sustain that level of defense in the second half.

Good job by both teams!!

Hounds were up 77-47 with about 3 minutes to play. Coach P subbed way down and Whitley went on a 12-0 run to make the final score 77-59. Corbin will have a scary team once the football guys and Mr. Crawford get in full swing. I hope the Hounds can start to play good ball the entire four quarters, then things would get interesting. Whitley played hard and seemed to be more mature this season. I agree the Colonels will win more than 10 games this season. Good job and Good luck to both teams.

Corbin is good and going to be even better when Josh Crawford returns. Manns and Johnson really carried the load and the outside game really took Whitley out of it.

Love Manns' effort. I enjoy watching those lunchpail kinda guys. :thumb:

Any scoring/rebounding info from this game?

You about hit it on the head Breeze. Maybe you and I should start our own basketball prediction and talk show on an obscure AM frequency....the Bubba and Breeze show or maybe the Breeze and Bubba Roundball Review.lol

Maybe we could use CB radio channels and broadcast to all the truckers out there:eek: really just a lucky guess.

Maybe we could use CB radio channels and broadcast to all the truckers out there:eek: really just a lucky guess.

Good idea, we could fade into and out of breaks and commericals with some Red Sovine music, maybe some Boxcar Willie.....like Phantom 309 and Come Talk to Teddy Bear.

Yes we could. David's steakhouse or Sonny's is another option. I have been known to partake in some sweet tea and some Ribs. Every man has their fetish and good food is one of mine. We could have guest commentary from local sports icons.....Smokey, R. White, Gooch and maybe even the security guard at Evarts. It would be an entertaining show to say the least. We might make life hard on the 96. 1 guys.

Corbin jumped out to lead in the first half by going inside to Manns, then got completely away from it during the second quarter and Whitley responded by taking the lead. Coach P. must have reminded them at the half that Whitley was not stopping Manns in the paint because the first 4-5 possessions went inside to him and he promptly scored, which opened up some looks from the 3-point line that also started falling......the game was pretty much over at that point.

Corbin

Johnson - 24

Manns - 13

Wilson - 12

Barley - 8

L. Crawford - 6

Hendrickson - 4

Smith - 4

Rogers -4

Cashen - 2

Whitley

McCumbers - 13