Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ben Roethlisberger

Featured Replies

You'll never hear me say he's on par with the top three. But you have to admit that he has been a big surprise (a pleasant one for me and other Steeler fans) in how he has matured as a QB to the point where he now can take over games and win them. Clearly, last year was an aberration as he tried to do too much while banged-up from the bike wreck.

 

Through nine games this year, he has a 110.2 QB rating. He's thrown for 2,000+ yards, 22 TDs (a career-high) against only 7 INTs. It would take a monumental collapse for him not to be selected for the Pro Bowl.

 

No longer is he the "caretaker" that some thought he was never destined to evolve beyond. There can be no question now whose team this is.

 

In light of his year this year, which has been freakin' fantastic, I wonder if he is still "overrated" or any of the other negative superlatives used to describe him in this thread below (and many others)?

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=103057&highlight=ben+roethlisberger

 

I do know this: I sure am glad we have him and not Eli or Phillip Rivers, which almost happened.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told some Steeler fans on draft day that they may have gotten the best of the bunch that day. Its getting there quickly. His only weakness I see is also his strength - trying to make plays out of nothing. He's amazing at shaking off tacklers and finding the receivers. Sometimes, though , it bites him in the rear end (see Cincy game at PGH last year).

 

He's certainly a winner and getting into a strong groove.

You are really going to give me a direct shot like this??? :fire: :D

  • Author
You are really going to give me a direct shot like this??? :fire: :D

 

I think you're like me in that you don't let dislike of a franchise cloud your judgment of a player's ability. This was aimed more at some of the more blinded haters out there. But have at it, if you will. :lol:

Through nine games this year, he has a 110.2 QB rating. He's thrown for 2,000+ yards, 22 TDs (a career-high) against only 7 INTs. It would take a monumental collapse for him not to be selected for the Pro Bowl.

 

No longer is he the "caretaker" that some thought he was never destined to evolve beyond. There can be no question now whose team this is.

 

I'll admit, I've been both of these people. I've called him an overrated game manager. This season he's been playing out of that mold and at a very high level. But, I still hate him. He's ugly, generally annoys me and plays for the Steelers.

 

On another note, a friend of mine from Pitt swears he shared neighboring urinal stalls with Big Ben in a bar and had this conversation:

Ben: How's it feel to [micturate] next to a legend?

FriendFromPitt: I don't know, I'll let you know it happens...

 

Knowing FriendFromPitt, that may be an understatement of what actually transpired, or entirely made up, but it warms my heart to think it happened.

I'll admit, I've been both of these people. I've called him an overrated game manager. This season he's been playing out of that mold and at a very high level. But, I still hate him. He's ugly, generally annoys me and plays for the Steelers.

 

On another note, a friend of mine from Pitt swears he shared neighboring urinal stalls with Big Ben in a bar and had this conversation:

Ben: How's it feel to [micturate] next to a legend?

FriendFromPitt: I don't know, I'll let you know it happens...

 

Knowing FriendFromPitt, that may be an understatement of what actually transpired, or entirely made up, but it warms my heart to think it happened.

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

One of my favorite pictures.... Enjoy....O man its to small can someone make it bigger. There is another good one of him with Carson Daly and MArio Lopez but its to big. :lol:

big ben dunnnnk.jpg

I'll admit, I've been both of these people. I've called him an overrated game manager. This season he's been playing out of that mold and at a very high level. But, I still hate him. He's ugly, generally annoys me and plays for the Steelers.

 

On another note, a friend of mine from Pitt swears he shared neighboring urinal stalls with Big Ben in a bar and had this conversation:

Ben: How's it feel to [micturate] next to a legend?

FriendFromPitt: I don't know, I'll let you know it happens...

 

Knowing FriendFromPitt, that may be an understatement of what actually transpired, or entirely made up, but it warms my heart to think it happened.

 

Hes ugly? Come on Habib your better than that.

He's a very good QB, had a poor season in '06 but he didn't start off in good fashion with the accident and surgery.

One of my favorite pictures.... Enjoy....O man its to small can someone make it bigger. There is another good one of him with Carson Daly and MArio Lopez but its to big. :lol:

366712889_7fb384280f.jpg

I don't know what it is, but something about the guy has always rubbed me the wrong way. I can't stand Hines Ward either, but I have no problem with the Steelers and I love Tomlin.

Hes ugly? Come on Habib your better than that.

I'm sorry, but the truth hurts. :lol:

Big Ben still hasn't won me over. I think his line and his receivers artificially inflate his numbers. But I agree with the post that says they'd rather have Ben than EManning or Rivers. That said, there are still at least a half dozen QBs I would rather have than him.

Big Ben still hasn't won me over. I think his line and his receivers artificially inflate his numbers. But I agree with the post that says they'd rather have Ben than EManning or Rivers. That said, there are still at least a half dozen QBs I would rather have than him.

 

Who are the 6 you'd rather have?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.