Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ben Roethlisberger

Featured Replies

Parker has all of 15 catches this season. I am impressed that you think so highly of Nate Washington, because I don't. He's pretty much a warm body.

 

If you're a Steeler fan, I don't know how you can't look at him this year and recognize the huge step forward he has taken. He goes out and wins games now, instead of letting the defense do it for him.

:ylsuper:Couldn't agree more, that is a big part in why the D is ranked #1. They don't have to be on the field as much when the O is clicking. Now if Ben can do something about kickoff coverage!

  • Replies 101
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. Not mobile, but maybe elusive. Ben does a great job of moving in the pocket, and turning his shoulders to avoid the rush
For the sake of comparison, could Ben be compared to a similar style of play and mobility of former Steeler great Bradshaw.

 

Bradshaw appeared to have a stronger arm and quicker release. Both seem to lead on the field and find the open receiver. Neither, were fleet of foot but can on occasion scramble.

For the sake of comparison, could Ben be compared to a similar style of play and mobility of former Steeler great Bradshaw.

 

Bradshaw appeared to have a stronger arm and quicker release. Both seem to lead on the field and find the open receiver. Neither, were fleet of foot but can on occasion scramble.

 

Bradshaw had slightly better recievers:lol: along with a strong arm.

Maybe Ben's advantage is a cerebral one:creepy:

I do think you're on to something with your comparison.:thumb:

Well, in the other thread I said he was arrogant and conceited. I stand by that (just rubs me the wrong way), but he is a better football player now than I ever would have given him credit for.

I am very far from a Steelers or Ben Worthlessburger fan. I will however give the Steelers and Ben their due. Roethlisburger has been very good. I really think that the Steelers have legit shot at the AFC title and the Super Bowl this season.

Of course the Pats :mad: and the Colts are favorites but imo Pitt. has the type team that could beat them.

Since the Bengals are out of it (and have bee since pre season:D) my personal favorite/hope would be for the Colts to win the AFC. This is based solely on T. Dungee and not any bandwagon fan, Dungee defines te word Class.

  • Author
:ylsuper:Couldn't agree more, that is a big part in why the D is ranked #1. They don't have to be on the field as much when the O is clicking. Now if Ben can do something about kickoff coverage!

 

I was reading in the Post-Gazette yesterday that Haggans, Keisel, Foote and several others were volunteering for KO coverage to help shore that up. I love to hear that the studs on defense are willing to sacrifice a bit to help fix a glaring weakness. :thumb:

I was reading in the Post-Gazette yesterday that Haggans, Keisler, Foote and several others were volunteering for KO coverage to help shore that up. I love to hear that the studs on defense are willing to sacrifice a bit to help fix a glaring weakness. :thumb:

I read he same thing and read that Casey Hampton made a comment about it, and as I read, I wondered if he was going to volunteer. Although he couldn't do any worse, I suppose he could be the "wedge buster".:eek:

 

Keisel used to be a beast on KO coverage and no one is better than Harrison. I thought Chidi Iwouma was exceptional but was released.

I've been very impressed with Big Ben this year...and surprised. I'll admit that I was skeptical about whether he could be this good.

 

Obviously Brady and Manning are at the top, but Ben is right in the mix after that.

 

Tony Romo - I think it might still be a bit early in his career to place him too high, but it's hard to argue with his results up to this point.

 

Donovan McNabb - He's struggled lately, but you can't ignore what he's done in the past. People had written Brett Favre off before this year as well...I still think McNabb deserves to be on the list. He's definitely dropped, but he can still play and I wouldn't be surprised to see him bounce back.

 

Brett Favre - Having a great season after a few mediocre ones, by his standards.

 

Drew Brees - Seems to have bounced back after some early struggles. A very good QB who normally doesn't get the respect he should, IMO.

 

Matt Hasselbeck - For some reason, it's hard for me to put him on this list...but, he's been consistently good for a while now.

 

Marc Bulger - He's another one I'm iffy about, simply because of his injury history. But, he's been pretty good as well.

 

Carson Palmer - He seemed to be ready to secure the third spot behind the big two, until he seemingly regressed over the past couple of seasons.

 

Big Ben - He's been very impressive this year.

 

That's my short list of the upper tier guys behind Brady and Manning...I'd probably place Hasselbeck and Bulger at the bottom. Ben has certainly played as well as or better than anyone on the list except Romo and Favre this season. But, all of these guys have shown some greatness and have had their struggles (except Romo for the most part), so I think it would be a bit premature to say Roethlisberger is better than guys like McNabb and Palmer because he's playing great this year and they're struggling, when Big Ben himself had a bad year last year. But, for this year, he'd be no lower than #5, IMO.

 

Brady

Manning

 

Favre, Romo, and Big Ben

Well, in the other thread I said he was arrogant and conceited. I stand by that (just rubs me the wrong way), but he is a better football player now than I ever would have given him credit for.

 

Big Ben...the only conceited football player in the NFL:laugh:

 

Brady

Manning

 

Favre, Romo, and Big Ben

Obviously I'm biased but I really believe that Carson should be up there with Big Ben and right behind or ahead of Romo.

 

Romo and Ben both have consistent, above-average defenses, and probably better O-lines (this year at least) as well.

Big Ben...the only conceited football player in the NFL:laugh:

 

Well plenty of players rub me the wrong way.....it's all about perspective though, cause to me Chad is just having fun :D

Obviously I'm biased but I really believe that Carson should be up there with Big Ben and right behind or ahead of Romo.

 

Romo and Ben both have consistent, above-average defenses, and probably better O-lines (this year at least) as well.

 

That ranking was based on this year alone...I think those five guys have played better than anyone else. However, if I were considering entire careers, my list would change. :thumb:

Well plenty of players rub me the wrong way.....it's all about perspective though, cause to me Chad is just having fun :D

 

nice:thumb:

Ben has always gottten a bad deal because people say he stepped into a good team....what people forget is that Ben's rookie season was supposed to be a down year for the Steelers. Most preseason writers had them finishing third in the North behind Ravens and the Browns. His first action came when Maddox got hurt in the middle of a Ravens thrashing. They would not have won all those games that year or Super Bowl XL the next year without Ben.

I still think he's stupid. Extremely stupid. I still think he's arrogant, but he has proven me wrong in the way he's played this year. I still don't think he's an elite QB, but he's in the top 10...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.