Beating a team in the Playoffs after losing to them in the Regular Season?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trigg County lost to Fort Campbell and Caldwell County during the regular season last year. They beat Fort Campbell on the road in the first round of the playoffs and beat Caldwell on the road in the second round to win the district championship.

Why did you have to bring up bad memories :cry:

In 1998 Belfry beat Sheldon Clark 42-22 the week before Halloween.

In the playoffs, the Cardinals paid them back with a 16-15 win in OT in the regional championship game at Belfry.

There are a lot of good stories surrounding that game and the ending. It was a defining moment for Jim Matney and the Cards.

L.C.A. beat Raceland last season (at Raceland) and Raceland beat L.C.A. at their place in the 2nd round of the playoffs (district championshp).

"Thank you SO much for bringing up such a painful subject....While you're at it, why don't you give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice in it?"

(You get extra credit if you know the movie that's from.)

Its going to happen again this year to... even tho Dayton beat bellevue in the regular season I cant see them doing it twice in a row.... Bellevue will take the win this friday night.

Based on what? Dayton won the game in all phases last time, how will Bellevue turn it around. Just curious to see what you have to say.:thumb:

In 1999 Somerset lost to both Danville and Campbellsville in the regular season and came back to beat both in the playoffs.

Regular Season

Danville 35-14 over SHS

Campbellsville 42-11 over SHS

Out scored by 53 points

Playoffs

SHS 41-34 over Campbelsville in 2nd round

SHS 10-0 over Danville in Region Finals

Outscored them by 17 points

This is one of the main reasons I don't have an issue with four teams from each district making the playoffs, anything can happen.

"Thank you SO much for bringing up such a painful subject....While you're at it, why don't you give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice in it?"

(You get extra credit if you know the movie that's from.)

Miracle Max (Billy Crystal) in "The Princess Bride "

In 1999 Somerset lost to both Danville and Campbellsville in the regular season and came back to beat both in the playoffs.

Regular Season

Danville 35-14 over SHS

Campbellsville 42-11 over SHS

Out scored by 53 points

Playoffs

SHS 41-34 over Campbelsville in 2nd round

SHS 10-0 over Danville in Region Finals

Outscored them by 17 points

This is one of the main reasons I don't have an issue with four teams from each district making the playoffs, anything can happen.

JumperDad, you beat me to it. As soon as I seen this thread I thought about the Danville games in 99.