Beating a team in the Playoffs after losing to them in the Regular Season?

Russell beat Ashland in the regular season for the District Title

Ashland beat Russell for the Regional Title

I made the trip down to Ashland for the CovCath/Ashland state semifinal game the next week and can still remember the guy at a gas station in Ashland telling us Russell would have given the Colonels a better game than the Tomcats were going to that night. CovCath snuck out with an overtime win. Great game.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the trip down to Ashland for the CovCath/Ashland state semifinal game the next week and can still remember the guy at a gas station in Ashland telling us Russell would have given the Colonels a better game than the Tomcats were going to that night. CovCath snuck out with an overtime win. Great game.

6-0 in OT....It don't get much closer and to think the Colonels went on to win the 3A State Championship. Heck that Ashland team wasn't half bad to finish the year 7-7:eek:

By the way that Ashland/Cov. Cath games is one for the KHSAA Classic Vault IMO;)

In Johnson Centrals 10-0 Season in 2000... Central Beat Tates Creek at T.C. But Tates Creek came and knocked off J.C. at J.C. 2nd Round of Playoffs

You are right. Somehow that one slipped my mind. Johnson Central beat Tates Creek in the regular season 22-18 and in the 2nd round of the playoffs Tates Creek made the trek to Paintsville and handed Johnson Central a 22-0 loss.

Don't quote me on it but I think Rockcastle has done it to Bell County in 2005. I think Bell beat Rockastle and then Rockcastle beat Bell county 21-0.

Yes, Bell ad a questionable QB sneak as time expired to win in the regular season. Rock shut them out at their place, it all worked out.

How bad did CCH beat HHS in the regular season in 92?

HHS went on to beat CCH in the playoffs.

Funny, most people see the Mud Bowl as the biggest upset in the history of the HHS/CCH rivalry but when they beat McCormick (sp?), he was on the cover of the State Championship programs...

Let's list some of the largest "turn-around's" from the Regular season game and the Playoff game between two teams.

Example:

2004 Reg. season: Dixie 31 Boone Co 20, Conner 42 Boone Co 6

2004 Playoffs: Boone Co. 10 Dixie 7, Boone Co 38 Conner 6

I remember both these games although i remember the conner one more because the conner win in the regular season ended a long long losing streak to the rebels and to this day they havent beat us again since.....