Rate the coaches in the 16th

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think any of the area coaches have a resume that matches Roger Zornes.

Hard to argue with that. Makes you wonder why so many BC faithful were glad to see him go a few years ago. It is tough to keep people happy for an exteded period of time, not matter how good you are.

In the internet age their jobs are getting harder and harder.

Not trying to take away from Coach Mays, but for the record, I think my 3-year old daughter could have sat on the sidelines for Elliott County the last 5-6 years and won games based on the talent they've been blessed with lately.

Great point!

I have heard through the grapevine that the refs are cutting done on this getting up and moving out of the coaching box they will be warned and then Td up. So in this respect Coach Mays will not get a T. Just because yu don't shout and jump up and down and run the side lines and out on the floor Does Not mean you are not coaching. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Not trying to take away from Coach Mays, but for the record, I think my 3-year old daughter could have sat on the sidelines for Elliott County the last 5-6 years and won games based on the talent they've been blessed with lately.

Who have they had? The last two years they have made regional finals apperenaces and a state tournament win in one of those years. They won a district in 2002 and have made All "A" classic apperances in 3 of the last 4 years. Not bad if you ask me. The 2002 team was pretty good but before that the talent level was average or below dating back to before the 1990's.

Let me pose this question, does Coach Mays not get any credit for helping to develop this talent. He has to implement an offense, defense and various schemes.

There is a lot more, than showing up and playing a game....and I've never seen your daughter coach but I'm presuming, her record would not be the same.

:D

Let me pose this question, does Coach Mays not get any credit for helping to develop this talent. He has to implement an offense, defense and various schemes.

There is a lot more, than showing up and playing a game....and I've never seen your daughter coach but I'm presuming, her record would not be the same.

:D

I totally agree. Coach Mays has done an unbelievable job developing this team, and he's had success in the past developing players, such as Rocky Adkins. I think he does a great job considering the enrollment of his school.

I totally agree. Coach Mays has done an unbelievable job developing this team, and he's had success in the past developing players, such as Rocky Adkins. I think he does a great job considering the enrollment of his school.

Agree totally . The kids just don't go out on the floor and play.......:D

I have heard through the grapevine that the refs are cutting done on this getting up and moving out of the coaching box they will be warned and then Td up. So in this respect Coach Mays will not get a T. Just because yu don't shout and jump up and down and run the side lines and out on the floor Does Not mean you are not coaching. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Please remember the opposite also holds true......You dont have to be out of the box, shouting or jumping up and down to receive a T.......Just say the magic words and you might get one while sitting in your seat....By the way, there are several "magic words" and I dont just mean cursing.