103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?????

• Highlands
    • Madison Central

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of shape is MC football field. Is there grass or mud? With the amount of rain predicted this could change some offensive play calling. I know that the Bird's practiced down in Happy Valley yesterday. They were trying to simulate playing conditions for Friday.

What kind of shape is MC football field. Is there grass or mud? With the amount of rain predicted this could change some offensive play calling. I know that the Bird's practiced down in Happy Valley yesterday. They were trying to simulate playing conditions for Friday.

Wow!!!! That should greatly improve the condition of the locker rooms. Yeah, when we were down Madison Central a couple of years ago the field was in pretty rough shape due to some serious rain. Sort of like what we are getting right now!!!!

The field should not be an issue......in 2005, if I remember correctly, there was a band competetion during a monsoon which led to the sloppy field. There are no middle school games on the field anymore and it has been bone dry here for a month. The rain this week should only help the field for Friday.

We never called it Happy Valley when I played there. It also did not have the great grass down there that it does now. That field has improved 10 times over since I was on it. I would say that it may rival many teams' game fields for natural turf. When we were there, it was crab grass and the lines were burned in with diesel. Nice that the school still has both fields to practice on. I noticed they cut all the trees down on the hill, makes it easier to see. Still hanging on to my dream of one day seeing a bowl stadium in the "Valley."

From what I have heard first hand, the birds will NOT be flat! They are getting itchy and and looking to scratch! So look out MC, unfortunately for you, they are very ready. If this week did anything it just rested any bumps and bruises that the birds had. I look forward to continuing what has already been an amazing run. GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!

We never called it Happy Valley when I played there. It also did not have the great grass down there that it does now. That field has improved 10 times over since I was on it.
I've never known it as anything other than "Death Valley". And in the old days, that pretty much summed it up!

Absolutely!!!!!! Well, just like we have all wanted to do, and what anyone in Fort Thomas wants to do, we are making things better for our children and affording them the things that we didn't have.

No doubt! I was stunned to see the new light poles sitting on the sidelines when we headed to the Valley for our last 5/6 game of the year!