Highlands/Madison Central Predictions

katbird

Who wins?????  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?????

• Highlands
    • Madison Central

No doubt! I was stunned to see the new light poles sitting on the sidelines when we headed to the Valley for our last 5/6 game of the year!

Never thought I would see the day with lights on in Death Valley... there is just something erry about playing football in the "valley of the shadow(s) of death!" :fire:

I am starting to prefer Happy Valley, or the Valley of the "green" Ho HO HO! :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Valley was brought into the Little League a couple of years ago I think to be more PC. And then was changed back not soon enough. It just didn't seem right to be sending our children down in a valley that they call Death Valley. :rolleyes:

On to the game. Hopefully we get a better welcome down Madison Central than we did two years ago. As we entered the stadium at the gate, someone at the school had a "Mean Bird" replica being, well, lets just say not being treated very respectfully. It was quickly taken down by a HHS parent walking into the stadium. I see this game being close for a while but HHS just having too much. You just might see some new weapons on the field for HHS! 35-7 Birds!!!

Never thought I would see the day with lights on in Death Valley... there is just something erry about playing football in the "valley of the shadow(s) of death!" :fire:

I am starting to prefer Happy Valley, or the Valley of the "green" Ho HO HO! :D

No way stud. Its "Death Valley". After they add lights, its "Death Valley with lights". I'm with Tdyballgame. Forget the PC stuff. Its history and you don't change history.

Not to change the subject of the thread, but does the fastpitch softball team still play their games in "Death Valley". We played our games there many years ago when I was a bluebird and just a couple of years ago my daughter's softball team played HHS in the valley. That hill was ten times worse for us old folks going down and then up, ahhh!

Not to change the subject of the thread, but does the fastpitch softball team still play their games in "Death Valley". We played our games there many years ago when I was a bluebird and just a couple of years ago my daughter's softball team played HHS in the valley. That hill was ten times worse for us old folks going down and then up, ahhh!

They sure do play down there.

They (meaning volunteers) have made some nice improvements to the softball field over the last several years. The old lights that had been used for the football field are being re positioned to Death Valley which will further improve the facility.

They sure do play down there.

They (meaning volunteers) have made some nice improvements to the softball field over the last several years. The old lights that had been used for the football field are being re positioned to Death Valley which will further improve the facility.

Times have changed hearing Death Valley refered to as a facility.:D

Times have changed hearing Death Valley refered to as a facility.:D

The reference is in honor of the fact the girls softball team plays down there. :D Actually as one other poster mentioned, I and some others have always looked at DV as a really neat place for a football field with seating going around three sides... a Pit type atmosphere. Field is too short as currently configured and with all the other money needs in the system, it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend the money to make it happen. But gradual improvements like those made to the softball field and adding lights make sense.

Sticky, you don't like the lights down there or are you just upset they aren't being installed at Highland Park:D?

The reference is in honor of the fact the girls softball team plays down there. :D Actually as one other poster mentioned, I and some others have always looked at DV as a really neat place for a football field with seating going around three sides... a Pit type atmosphere. Field is too short as currently configured and with all the other money needs in the system, it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend the money to make it happen. But gradual improvements like those made to the softball field and adding lights make sense.

Sticky, you don't like the lights down there or are you just upset they aren't being installed at Highland Park:D?

:D:D

Ouch! He got ya Sticky!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

I don't think this game is going to be a "cake"-walk for Highlands. Madison Central has played pretty well this year, and it will be a home game for them. Also, now that Class 5A, District 5 has been completely settled for the playoffs, the 'Birds may be thinking ahead to the postseason match-ups. It will be interesting to see how HHS plays coming out of the bye week.