UCONN 21 UL 17

Sportz Addict

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UofL played absolutely terrible in this game and I officially believe that it is all on the coaches shoulders. HT is right, this game shouldn't have even been close but that no call was absolutely ridiculous and the refs should be suspended for at least a few games, they were absolutely terrible the entire game for both teams.

I agree but if there is no whistle as a player you keep playing and as a coach you teach that. UConn did just that (both) and U.L. stood around and watched.

So if you're running down the field, you see a blatant fair catch signal and you don't happen to hear a whistle, you should just lay the guy out? I don't think so, the players have a certain amount of trust in the referees and they blew it, period. They almost did it again on the next punt, the guy signaled fair catch and when there was no whistle he began to run again and then the ref blew the whistle. Absolutely pathetic. Not to mention they blew the punt that hit Carter before anyone else and yet they still gave UofL the ball back, that should have been UConn ball on the 2 yard line.

I couldn't understand the "fair catch" signal by the UConn player, and then the run back for a TD. Louisville players thought that it was a fair catch, and just stood there. When the guy took off, they simply looked at the official as to say "What's going on"?

The officials dropped the ball on that one, and probably determined the outcome of the game.

One blown call shouldn't have decided the outcome in this game. Maybe in the UK / Florida game, but not the once mighty Cardinals against U Conn!

I know it's an issue for another thread, but I have to get it in here... Playing college football games on a Friday night is horrible. There is no reason they should be competing with high school football for viewers. How many thousands of Kentuckians would have been watching the Louisville game if they weren't at a high school football game? I think it hurts both sports a little...

One blown call shouldn't have decided the outcome in this game. Maybe in the UK / Florida game, but not the once mighty Cardinals against U Conn!

I agree, it shouldn't have. The Cards should've tried, oh, I don't know, throwing DOWN field once in a while (at least to one of our own recievers, that would've been really great). But in this case, that blown call absolutely saved the day for UConn, and at this point I think it's safe to say that these things happen too much in football. That referee should never be allowed on the field again, period. That's not to sound cruel in this specific scenario because I'm bitter, but I'm a general proponent of when somebody gets professionally paid to do a job, they should actually do it.

Was a bad call...mighty mo swung after that...

Still had a 10-7 lead in the 4th and lost.

UL has lost to Syracuse, Utah, Connecticut, and Kentucky. Take first letter of each team in order and that is what this year for UL is. Found that in UL board....;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::fire:

No blown call on the fair catch, UL wins. Bottom line. UConn would have had zero momentum the rest of the game...Call me a sore loser if you want, that call cost them the game.

Yea, they were still up 17-7 with 9 minutes to go...SHOULD have won no call or not...

Yea, they were still up 17-7 with 9 minutes to go...SHOULD have won no call or not...

I stopped watching the game at this point becaue I thought the game was over. UConn had no momentum and was not moving the ball all game. UL had the mo.

When I was watching the punt return / fair catch play, I said to myself I guarantee they did not blow the whistle because he only waved his arm one time. That rule was instituted more to protect the guy making the fair catch. Despite it only being one time, the ref should have blown it when everyone held up because it was obvious they saw it.