UCONN 21 UL 17

Sportz Addict

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No blown call on the fair catch, UL wins. Bottom line. UConn would have had zero momentum the rest of the game...Call me a sore loser if you want, that call cost them the game.

That is probably true, but the Cards should have never been in that position against Connecticut. We scored 48 on them last season. The offense scored 10 points Friday. The defense was atrocious for Louisville the first five games of the season. Now the defense is slowly but surely being shored up and the offense has gone south. The Cards' overall offensive coaching is pathetic. Louisville has gone from having the most explosive, innovative offense in the country to having an extremely predictable, underachieving unit. It gets worse every game.

That is probably true, but the Cards should have never been in that position against Connecticut. We scored 48 on them last season. The offense scored 10 points Friday. The defense was atrocious for Louisville the first five games of the season. Now the defense is slowly but surely being shored up and the offense has gone south. The Cards' overall offensive coaching is pathetic. Louisville has gone from having the most explosive, innovative offense in the country to having an extremely predictable, underachieving unit. It gets worse every game.

You're completely right but the fact is that we were in that position and the refs blew it. Period.

I thought the subpar offense also caught them the game.

You're right it didn't help. UConn did a great job of making Louisville has to be perfect, and they simply weren't. UConn dropped 6-7 every play, making U of L have to run. Like I stated, they can not do that effectively, and now they are down three linemen that are "starter" worthy. When this season is over, regardless of the results, I think that there are some real positives that can be seen. Louisville has had a lot of external and internal hurdles to clear, they've tripped on some, and cleared others with ease.