Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 55 Seneca 3

Featured Replies

If you win the final in December, and win 55-3, and just 22 players play, that really justifies it? That same kids who didn't play against Seneca won't play against (insert opponent) in the final. Let's just agree to disagree as to the "journey" or "the ring" being the ultimate goal, different philosophy, etc.

I firmly believe that you would be hard pressed to find any kid that would not be proud of a ring they earned. I can not believe that you are belittling the efforts of roughly 80 young men.

  • Replies 91
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the relevency to the topic here? :confused: My comments are not about Championships. They are about preparing kids to step in in a leadership role when called upon to do so because of an injury.

 

FYI - If the #1 is out due to injury, than the #2 is NOT a #2 anymore. They are the new #1.

 

I am simply saying the way Beatty is doing things at Trinity we are winning championships! Let the coaches coach, players play and the fans support. FYI! The #2 has been prepared to step in and the team doesn't miss a beat. When the #1 comes back from an injury, the #2 has done his job for the team based on the preparation he has put in for his fellow players and coaches. You see, this system starts at the freshman level. Don't take this personally, but you haven't lived and breathed the Trinity system as I have. Whats the old saying... There is no "I" in team. Have a great day, GO ROCKS!

I firmly believe that you would be hard pressed to find any kid that would not be proud of a ring they earned. I can not believe that you are belittling the efforts of roughly 80 young men.

 

Not belittling, just stating reality. Kids want to play, plain and simple. . 50 kids didn't get in but if Trinity wins in December, it is all worth it? You are looking at it from middle age eyes. That played well in the 70,80,90's. It doesn't play now as much at every high school. X had a third string senior only play 1 play against Butler because the 4th and 5th strings got in. He was ticked. He played in the first series against PRP after talking to the coaches and stepping up the effort. I bet that if you asked 20 seniors who didn't get in off last years T team to trade in their ring for a chance to finish the rained out game against X, they would. The games against Seneca in October do count in their memories of their journey. They should be proud of wearing Trinity on the field in an October football game but they want to play.

 

I am saying that for the 40 times that Trinity didn't win a championship, that effort should make them proud also. If you go back and look at seemingly every T post, it has one of three words-"December", "ring", or "championship". They are successful young men regardless of their jewelry.

Don't take this personally, but you haven't lived and breathed the Trinity system as I have. Whats the old saying... There is no "I" in team.

 

Then shouldn't you have said....."you haven't lived and breathed the Trinity system as WE have?":D

If you win the final in December, and win 55-3, and just 22 players play, that really justifies it? That same kids who didn't play against Seneca won't play against (insert opponent) in the final. Let's just agree to disagree as to the "journey" or "the ring" being the ultimate goal, different philosophy, etc.

 

Whose playing only 22 players?????

 

The "ring" is the thing at Trinity. It is a disappointing season when Trinity does not win a state title in football, pure and simple. The kids sacrifice year round for the privilege of buying that ring after the last game in December. You may think that's cocky or inappropriate; it's how it is done in St. Matthews.

^ I understand. Everything else is secondary. I have thought this for many years.

Then shouldn't you have said....."you haven't lived and breathed the Trinity system as WE have?":D

 

You got me xtiger!! That’s a good one! I was simply stating my personal feeling on this matter...

The notion that Bob Beatty never plays his subs is a myth. I know this from the experience of my son playing for Coach Beatty. There are times when I would put in the subs earlier and there are times when I am surprised at how early they went in. I'll leave the decision to the good judgement of the coaches. Notice that the people that keep harping on this myth are X people. I think there are some, including unfortunately Coach Glaser, that try very hard to plant that myth into young minds as a way to convince them to attend X instead of Trinity. Shame on all of them.

Whose playing only 22 players?????

 

The "ring" is the thing at Trinity. It is a disappointing season when Trinity does not win a state title in football, pure and simple. The kids sacrifice year round for the privilege of buying that ring after the last game in December. You may think that's cocky or inappropriate; it's how it is done in St. :thumb:]

 

Well said! You have to remember, some people just don’t get it. You have people out there that think if you put on a helmet and play football, every team should get a gold star and shinny trophy...

The notion that Bob Beatty never plays his subs is a myth. I know this from the experience of my son playing for Coach Beatty. There are times when I would put in the subs earlier and there are times when I am surprised at how early they went in. I'll leave the decision to the good judgement of the coaches. Notice that the people that keep harping on this myth are X people. I think there are some, including unfortunately Coach Glaser, that try very hard to plant that myth into young minds as a way to convince them to attend X instead of Trinity. Shame on all of them.

 

Yes, you've caught us....We're all agents of Coach Glaser and his conspiracy to spread filthy playing time rumours about Coach Beatty so that all the fine catcholic students in the areawill want to to attend X and shun Trinity. It will certainly be a glorious day when we can proudly march 200 juniors and seniors onto the field, guaranteeing all them at least one snap regardless of the situation.:jump:

Slow week in the newsroom so let's pick on subbing patterns. Isn't there anything else we can talk about?

coachg.jpg

Alright ladies can we get back to the actual game or close this thread?!!

 

By the way, great site for stats. I mean that. Here's what I found in the participation sheet. 30 players played. I know it's all about December but what about October 19th for the kids who didn't get in? I know this can't be accurate that only 30 players played in a 55-3 game?

 

 

Unfortunately jimmy, that participation report only shows people who made "marks" in the stats column, such as tackles, rushes, catches, passes etc. I can tell you far more than that number participated, as I watched Jason and Wayne shuffle through the rosters and report all new names in the game on air. In fact, you can go to trinityrocks.com and listen to the game, mainly the 4th quarter and hear that a substantial amount of subs got in.

Whatever. Again, we agree to disagree.

 

DONE!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.