Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Off Season)

Featured Replies

Trading Freel makes sense to me, but I strongly disagree with trading Hamilton. He has way too much upside to be sending him to another organization.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trading Freel makes sense to me, but I strongly disagree with trading Hamilton. He has way too much upside to be sending him to another organization.

 

 

 

I agree...But, if this Team is going to improve, they must get pitching help. That being said, it doesn't look like Griffey or Dunn are giong anywhere quick, and Bruce is about ready, it appears. Bottom line is, the Reds are going to have to let at least one, or two "fan favorites" go, if their going to get better. Ryan Freel alone, isn't going to get them very much.

I hate to see a trade of Hamilton, but you have to give up goods to receive goods.

I hate to see a trade of Hamilton, but you have to give up goods to receive goods.

 

I would give Griffey instead of Hamilton.

I would give Griffey instead of Hamilton.

 

And what do you plan on getting in return for him? Bottom line is we are going to have to trade some of our younger guys if we want anything out of any trade.

And what do you plan on getting in return for him? Bottom line is we are going to have to trade some of our younger guys if we want anything out of any trade.

 

 

 

 

:thumb:

The Yankees are stupid if they would not trade Joba for Santana. That is what the article said. The Reds should put a package of Hamilton/Griffey, Freel, Arroyo, Cuerto for Santana. Try it anyways.

And what do you plan on getting in return for him? Bottom line is we are going to have to trade some of our younger guys if we want anything out of any trade.

 

I agree, but if a team says they would take Griffey instead of Hamilton or something do that instead.

The Yankees are stupid if they would not trade Joba for Santana. That is what the article said. The Reds should put a package of Hamilton/Griffey, Freel, Arroyo, Cuerto for Santana. Try it anyways.

 

I would never do that trade not to rent Santana for a year. If there was a contract in place I could see it.

The Yankees are stupid if they would not trade Joba for Santana. That is what the article said. The Reds should put a package of Hamilton/Griffey, Freel, Arroyo, Cuerto for Santana. Try it anyways.

 

 

 

That would work, but won't happen. Griffey would not go to Minnesota, and if not mistaken, he can veto. Now if he wanted to go there as a DH only, I could maybe see that. But no way he plays on that turf. IMHO

If Reds don't add anyone in FA they will have to make a trade if they have any intentions of winning.

 

Nobody wanted to trade Pena but that turned out to be a steal.

I would never do that trade not to rent Santana for a year. If there was a contract in place I could see it.

 

That was what I meant. I do not like those rent a player trades where you give up a prospect or 2 for either 1/2 or 1 year of service. In this case it would be 1, but look at all of the team that won the World Series this year. I can't remember when Boston did a trade like that. They have a great team now, and great prospects for the future.

I dont care what they do!! I just wish they'd go ahead and get the ball rolling!!

I think that Hamilton is the player thats going to give the Reds some pitching. You arent going to get to much out of Freel. But the problem with Hamilton is going to be teams being alittle leary about him staying heathy wich might hurt the Reds trade offers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.