Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Off Season)

Featured Replies

I miss the Track the Reds thread, so I thought I would start one where we can keep track of all of the moves made during the off season. The Reds retained 4 coaches today. They were Dick Pole, Brook Jacoby, Billy Hatcher and Mark Berry. Tom Hume's contract was not renewed and Pat Kelly was named manger of the Sarasota Reds.That means the Reds still need to hire either a bench coach or pitching coach depending on which one Dick Pole takes, and also a new bullpen coach. I can't wait till Opening Day. :dancingpa:dancingpa:D

  • Replies 94
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is going on with Pete now is he going to remain in our organization?

Dick Pole will be the pitching coach. Sonny Jackson or Gene Clines will be the bench coach. I guess it was all Tom Hume's fault.

So what is going on with Pete now is he going to remain in our organization?

 

Pete is still banned.:cool:

Phil Dumatrait was claimed by the Pirates off waivers, and Michael Gosling and Pedro Lopez were claimed by the Blue Jays.

Phil Dumatrait was claimed by the Pirates off waivers, and Michael Gosling and Pedro Lopez were claimed by the Blue Jays.

 

I thought Dumatrait was a guy that they were counting on? I thought he had a solid year in the minors, eventhough he struggled a bit after he was called up.

I thought Dumatrait was a guy that they were counting on? I thought he had a solid year in the minors, eventhough he struggled a bit after he was called up.

Dumatrait is a 4A player at best...

Dumatrait is a 4A player at best...

 

4A?

4A?

 

Dominant in AAA but will never translate to the big show. Think Brandon Larson...

Oh, ok. Yeah but I think you take your time, especially with a lefty! They're so hard to come by.

Oh, ok. Yeah but I think you take your time, especially with a lefty! They're so hard to come by.

He's already 26. How long do you hold a spot???

28 to 30. Do you think you at least the the new coach evaluate the talent on the field? They definitely have strung some others on a lot longer!

28 to 30. Do you think you at least the the new coach evaluate the talent on the field?

 

THIRTY!!!! Yikes. Dusty and Wayne will handle talent evaluation just fine IMO...

 

They definitely have strung some others on a lot longer!

 

Remind me how that went again...

I think they might try to get an inning out of Jose Rijo and Pete Harnisch one more time.

Whatever they do, they need some pitching. I say trade Griffey, as much as it pains me to say it, we have Hamilton, Dunn, Hopper, Coats, and possibly Bruce that will need to see some innings. Trade him for someone like Jonathon Broxton of the Dodgers, or if the Rockies are willing (which I doubt they are) for Fuentes, Corpas, or even Ubaldo Jimenez. I do no think they will do that, but you never know the way they are scoring in the World Series. Maybe even Chad Cordero or 2 good middle releif guys. It would make them better in the long run imo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.