Mental coaching in the theaters.

BigCat2112

I was told by a football player, that the old ball coach, made it mandatory for the whole team to report downtown to the theater, eight oclock sharp, to screen the movie 300. He told me that the movie had a positive affect on everybody, and they went out and played a good game. So is good to take your team out to a movie a day before a game.

I think anytime you can bring your team together off the field it builds chemistry. When you get out there in the battle it is hard to give up when you have a lot invested. When kids care about each other they tend to not want to be the one that lets the guys around them down.

I think anytime you can bring your team together off the field it builds chemistry. When you get out there in the battle it is hard to give up when you have a lot invested. When kids care about each other they tend to not want to be the one that lets the guys around them down.

I concur!

I agree, team chemistry and fellowship is very important. The military has used it for years, a unit sleeps together, eats together, trains together; it creates a close knit group of people.

The wife and I watched Superbad earlier this fall at the Danville theatre. Among us was the entire Centre College football team (it was move-in day). I absolutely enjoyed them being in there and my wife said their laughing and joking made the whole movie much better. Point being, all of those Centre players got to know each other well in a low-key, no pressure environment. I'm positive that it helped the overall morale of their group.

:thumb: Excellent post.