Do you buy/sell on Ebay?

Rebel

I was also told that by using pay pal that you have some insurance of getting your money refunded if you do not receive the product.

I believe that the item has to be valued above $25.00 and PayPal will not reimburse you for shipping and handling. You have to be careful with something that sounds like an excellent deal but the shipping is outrageous. If you purchase the item and do not receive it then you can only file a claim for the cost of the item.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a "dealership" in Texas (I think) that sells used cars ONLY online. He has no staff, no fancy building - just a warehouse. Sells about 100 per month online.

This guy drove up here from Memphis.I was skeptical:eek: until the money exchanged hands.

I rarely sell but I buy all the time on ebay. I've only had one problem, and it was immediately resolved.

The item that I am considering is being sold by a person with a score of

Feedback score: 7875|Positive feedback: 99.9%

I was also told that by using pay pal that you have some insurance of getting your money refunded if you do not recieve the product.

His feedback looks pretty good, but check and see if his feedback has come from selling items similar to the one you plan on buying. Some scammers build up their feedback selling cheap stuff then try and rip people off on a Plasma TV or a more expensive item. Also check and see how many negative feedback responses he has.

I would definitely pay with PayPal too.

With simple precaution and common sense you're fine.

My best EBay deal was buying their stock when it came public at $51 a share. I'd probably be living under a I-95 bridge in Florida by now if it wasn't for that Ebay stock purchase.

I just recently made a purchase on E/Bay - a 1930 era Crosley Harco radio. I'd read the book CROSLEY and was facinated by all of the stuff that Powel Crosley manufactured. Was happy to find one.