Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

David Jones

Featured Replies

Redshirt would have been great as a freshman, and possibly this year, too.

 

Now a 3rd move???

 

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when these decisions are discussed within the coaching staff.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After playing against David in high shool, he is definitely fast enough to play the position. He has also gotten a lot bigger and stronger since coming to UK. It would be great to see him run the football for this team, but the thing I would be most concerned about is his vision, and ability to find the holes and follow his blocks.

 

He did a great job running the ball in high school, but he didn't need that kind of vision to be an effective running back in high school. At this level, he will need that kind of vision.

 

Can't argue with that after seeing #5 whizzing past.

Jones may not be 100% but even if he was I personally don't see him having the size or talent to play RB at the Division 1 level.

David should have redshirted, and I understand he wanted to do that. But the coaches kept saying "we need him" and didn't want to give him a redshirt this season. If he was running 4.3, I agree, they can use that speed, but not if he is running 4.5 or 4.6.

 

When Dave took the field against Louisville, he hadn't played since November, and had underwent knee surgery and also appendectomy just 2 weeks prior. Obviously he was a step slower than he had been.

 

I can't believe he is making another move, but if true, I wish him the best and hope he gets back to full speed soon. I'm afraid this will relegate him to special teams only.

Can't argue with that after seeing #5 whizzing past.

 

McFadden is in a different league than 99% of the people on the planet. I was saying that I believe David, when healthy, is fast enough to play the RB position at this level. He is just as fast if not faster than Little and Dixon when he is healthy and it is hard to argue against the success that those two have had. I'm not saying he would be as god a RB as those two, but he has that kind of speed.

I think its been a series of bad events for Mr. Jones. Keep in mind, Jones and Lindley were from the same recruiting class and at that time Jones was choosen to play as a true freshman. Since then he was torched by Earl Bennett (after playing pretty well most of the year) and this seemed to destroy his confidence. Then, the position change to WR where he contributed, but unfortunately destroyed his knee at the end of last season. Honestly he does not seem to have fully recovered from that IMO, and then bam, position change again and ruptured appendix.

 

When he has been on the field this year, he looks timid and unsure of himself. I think he is simply mentally beat down at this point.

 

IMO, he should have been redshirted this year. By foregoing that option, it seems the staff has decided to basically give up on the kid. I route for UK first, but I hate to see it happen. Jones was a player who had (perhaps still has) a lot of potential. Unfortunately he just hasnt had a lot of luck.

I think his time playing football is up. Not saying anything bad about the guy, just that injuries like that can kill a person's confidence.

I think he would make a pretty good running back if he can find a quick hole, seen him play in the state championship and he made people look silly the whole game.

David Jones is going to be fine. He is a winner, and you can't keep a winner off the football field.

Seems like a great kid and person but hasn't done much since his injury...Maybe he will bounce back!

  • Author

I dont know how much he played but in the UK JV loss to harmony he finished with 7 carries for 23 yards, but to his credit he found out about the move just this week.

How many backs does UK return next season? Locke. Smith. Dixon.

 

How much time would Jones actually get?

How many backs does UK return next season? Locke. Smith. Dixon.

 

How much time would Jones actually get?

 

Zero, IMO.

That is exactly why I dont get the move. He either needs to stay at CB now or go back to WR. They obviously like him to have the ball in his hands. I think he would be better served at WR next year.

  • Author
That is exactly why I dont get the move. He either needs to stay at CB now or go back to WR. They obviously like him to have the ball in his hands. I think he would be better served at WR next year.

 

IMO he should have been redhirted this year and stayed at WR next season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.