JFK

Who wins the Game?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Game?

• Rocks in Blowout
    • Tigers in a close one
    • Rocks in a close one
    • Tigers in a Blowout

I will be interested to see if X 100% sticks with the "new" 4-3, or if they will bring back some of the Split-6 to try and get more pressure on William...I will say this...to beat these Rocks they have to force William to make mistakes...

I think X's front 4 will get plenty of pressure. It would be a humongous mistake for X revert back to a Split-6.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity has managed to put up over 20 points on the Tigers just twice in the past 25 years. Predictions for this game are almost always higher than the final score.

Well it seems as though we can't score on the Tigers. Since they're ranked #1 in numerous publications, in addition to their national ranking at #15, it appears as though the lowly Shamrocks barely even have a shot in this game.

I sincerely hope we can, at the very least, cause the almighty Tigers to break a sweat on Friday. That way we can have a moral victory if nothing else... :walk:

Well it seems as though we can't score on the Tigers. Since they're ranked #1 in numerous publications, in addition to their national ranking at #15, it appears as though the lowly Shamrocks barely even have a shot in this game.

I sincerely hope we can, at the very least, cause the almighty Tigers to break a sweat on Friday. That way we can have a moral victory if nothing else... :walk:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I will be interested to see if X 100% sticks with the "new" 4-3, or if they will bring back some of the Split-6 to try and get more pressure on William...I will say this...to beat these Rocks they have to force William to make mistakes...

Look for St.X to stick to the 4-3 and get pressure on Will. Also this is easily the best DB's T will have faced. I say they get a pick or 2. I look for a low scoring affair with mistakes the difference maker. St.X simply can not continue to make the mistakes in the kicking game and expect to win. Another point after missed last week and the long snapping has to improve.

Vinnie Testaverdy (or however you spell it) is a veteran too, does that make him better then Vince Young?

Yes.....I would take Vinnie in a Super Bowl matchup over Vince Young right now!

My point is that Ben Zoeller gets the edge on experience. He has faced the Shamrocks before and with some success. Will Stein has not been the starting quarterback in this big game played before what, 30,000 fans. I greatly admire the way Will Stein is playing as the Trinity quarterback in his first year, but experience plays a major role in big, big games like this one.

Ben Zoeller has the experience advantage!

I swear... At some time in my Air Force career I am going to work on getting a fly-by for the National Anthem at the beginning of this game. What do you all think... "And the home of the brave"... Two C-130s come zooming by? I think that the attendance at the game is more than enough to warrant such and honor.

military_salute_smileyM.gif

C130J.jpg

Sounds great to me! :thumb:

Ben Zoller > Will Stein?

are you kidding me?

Please remember that these are High School kids that read or hear about the things written on this site. I understand the heat of this rivalry just as much as the next guy/gal but I firmly believe it is possible to post your thoughts without opening the door for criticism of teenagers. IMO there is enough positive information about each team, its players, its tradition and coaches to post about without singling out individuals in a negative light. If you have to point out a weakness of your opponent to emphasize your point, please do it on a team basis e.g. Team A's run defense or Team B's special teams. While I have enjoyed being a BGP member for a few years now, the recurring practice of calling out HS age kids has been a tremendous sore spot of mine.

Back to thread topic: Moreso than in recent years, I expect this to be a true battle to the end. Here's to an injury-free game and hopefully a Tiger victory. After sitting thru the misery of the UL game Saturday, I am looking forward to watching some quality football at Papa John's.