Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region

Featured Replies

Edmondson and Perkins carried Gallatin last year, period. From what I saw from Gallatin in the regional semi-finals against SK last year, they didn't have much talent besides Perkins and Edmondson.

 

This is the year I think the coaches have been waiting for period. The starting 7 have played together for many years and all have the quickness,athleticism,and knowledge of the game as Edmondson and Perkins, if not more than them. If you knew the stats of this team from last year you would know that Edmonson and Perkins did not carry this team, all of the players and coaches contributed fairly equally. Brown,Henson and Carlton are hard nose defensive players and Jones and Maddox will flat out shoot the lights out. This team will battle in 07/08.:thumb:

  • Replies 126
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edmondson and Perkins carried Gallatin last year, period. From what I saw from Gallatin in the regional semi-finals against SK last year, they didn't have much talent besides Perkins and Edmondson.
Wrong:rolleyes: . Gallatin will be very solid .
Let's see. 25-7. Victories against Shelby, Anderson, Ryle, Dixie, Lexington Christian, 31st District Champ (the toughest district in the 8th Region last year), a second straight 8th Region All 'A'' title, Phoenix Cactus Jam Champion, a 1 point loss to eventual champ Brossart in All 'A' Classic.

Gee, with that no talent bunch (as you say) that the Cats trotted out on the floor, how did Jon Jones not win KHSAA Coach of the Year?:confused:

Just out of curiosity, how many Gallatin games did you attend last season?

 

Dixie and Ryle were very below average teams last year in a weak region, can't say anything about Shelby or Anderson because the only two things that I know about the 8th that is tradtionally a 1 or 2 team race and a very weak region, Lex Christian was solid, Brossart was one heck of a team. Not saying Gallitian was not talented, but certainly did not have a tough schedule either.

Edmondson and Perkins carried Gallatin last year, period. From what I saw from Gallatin in the regional semi-finals against SK last year, they didn't have much talent besides Perkins and Edmondson.

 

I guess you did not see much of Gallatin last year. Scott Brown, Trent Maddox, Jared Carlton, Taylor Jones, and David Henson will anchor the Wildcats in 2007.

 

Not to make excuses, but the regional semi's against SK can be summed up in 2 words. Josh Hurd. Gallatin really didn't have an answer for Josh. JR Davis was ill for that game which took out their interior presence.

 

No excuses. SK won, but to say that Gallatin doesn't return much talent is short sided at best.

  • Author

What were Maddow's numbers last year? and Who will take JR's place down low? I've watched Gallatin many times but don't know much about there up and coming class. Who will be there down low man? Do they have one?

Simon Kenton will always be a contender. But to place them in the top 3 is crazy. They lost their top three players, all of which were three year starters. Winning the 9th region JV title means nothing, especially when they were loaded with juniors. They might get there by the end of the season, but to say they are going to be in the finals again is crazy right now.

Number (stats) were irrelevant on last season's team. Everyone says Edmondson and Perkins carried the Cats. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I think those 2 combined for 27 points a game.

Someone else did an awful lot of scoring.

  • Author
Number (stats) were irrelevant on last season's team. Everyone says Edmondson and Perkins carried the Cats. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I think those 2 combined for 27 points a game.

Someone else did an awful lot of scoring.

 

Yeah. I agree with that.Someone else must have score alot, because I remember the first few games, the Cats had a few games in the 90's or more. Very impressive. Are they good enough to make a Regional Run? I think maybe just another All A' run.

Number (stats) were irrelevant on last season's team. Everyone says Edmondson and Perkins carried the Cats. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I think those 2 combined for 27 points a game.

Someone else did an awful lot of scoring.

 

 

According to the KHSAA website, Gallatin didn't even make the list of top scoring teams in the state. The lowest on this list is 67.4 points a game. This means Gallatin did not even average 67 points a game. So, as you said in your post that Perkins and Edmondson averaged around 27-30 points combined, this would mean they averaged roughly half of Gallatin's points and in deed did carry the team last year.

According to the KHSAA website, Gallatin didn't even make the list of top scoring teams in the state. The lowest on this list is 67.4 points a game. This means Gallatin did not even average 67 points a game. So, as you said in your post that Perkins and Edmondson averaged around 27-30 points combined, this would mean they averaged roughly half of Gallatin's points and in deed did carry the team last year.

 

What those stats do not show is who carried them when they needed it the most. ie: Hensons triple double in district championship or Carltons Huge game to beat shelby in the region, or maybe even another soph. Maddox who dropped 20 for 3 games in a row. To say that Perkins and Edmondson carried the team is a little extreme. But Perkins was an extremely good leader on and off the court.

  • Author

Maddox has grown into a solid player over the years. I can see him being a top player this year.

I made my statement based on what I saw. It is just my opinion.

 

Maybe I will be way off or right on the money. Let's see what they do this year!!

 

You made your opinion on the Simon Kenton game. I hope someone did not see Simon for the 1st time in the regional final and based there assessment of the Pioneers on that game.

You made your opinion on the Simon Kenton game. I hope someone did not see Simon for the 1st time in the regional final and based there assessment of the Pioneers on that game.

 

You make a great point, they beat OC at home w/out Hester by double digits, yet lost to OC in OT in the region final.

According to the KHSAA website, Gallatin didn't even make the list of top scoring teams in the state. The lowest on this list is 67.4 points a game. This means Gallatin did not even average 67 points a game. So, as you said in your post that Perkins and Edmondson averaged around 27-30 points combined, this would mean they averaged roughly half of Gallatin's points and in deed did carry the team last year.
You are obviously basing your "opinions" on seeing Gallatin play one time. If i use your criteria of assessment, that would mean that Mike Hester was the worst shooting guard in the 8th Region last year. After all ,he was 0 for ALOT from 3 point range in the region final game. I know that Mike is a better player and shooter than that one game. To assume that Edmonson carried Gallatin last year really shows incompetance on your part. I look for Gallatin to have a very good year again this year and i expect Simon to be very solid also. On December 21, Simon comes to Gallatin for what i expect to be a very good game. Come on down past the Mason/Dixon...I mean down past the Boone/Gallatin line and enjoy the fun if you can find your way there. We might even save a seat for you:D .

Doesn't Gallatin have a new transfer that has not been mentioned in the information above...maybe it was football but I could have sworn I saw a new name somewhere in a previous thread. ?

 

I think Brown is a very solid player for Gallatin..

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.