Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region

Featured Replies

Gallatin will be in the mix of it all come regionals. Should repeat as district champs, and should make it to Richmond for a 3rd straight year. Not too bad for an 'A' school.:thumb:

  • Replies 126
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin will be in the mix of it all come regionals. Should repeat as district champs, and should make it to Richmond for a 3rd straight year. Not too bad for an 'A' school.:thumb:

 

Well said!:ylsuper::ylsuper:

IMO-Trent Maddox will be the best player in the region. He played last year in the shadow of Perkins and Edmonson, manytimes to the teams detriment.It isnt just his production its also the way he moves without the ball. Walton and Simon dont have an answer defensively.

I am not sure about who all the guards are that are coming back in the 8th region, but Simon Kenton have a nice guard in Jeff Slavey that should do well for them this year.

I am not sure about who all the guards are that are coming back in the 8th region, but Simon Kenton have a nice guard in Jeff Slavey that should do well for them this year.

 

I agree. I think he will be a player that surprises a lot of people this year in the 8th region. He can flat out shoot the ball, pretty athletic, has good speed, and is very good handling the ball. He could end up being one of the top guards in the 8th region.

Trent Maddox will be the best all-round player in the region with and without the ball.

Trent Maddox will be the best all-round player in the region with and without the ball.

 

WOW! The best? That is a very strong word. I have watched the kid play and he is good, but the best? I don't think he measures up to CJ Penny, Eric Dunlap, Billy Payne, Scott Brown, Ponzer from SK (not sure on first name), and the list goes on. Saying the kid is good I would agree with, but the best? Not in my eyes.

WOW! The best? That is a very strong word. I have watched the kid play and he is good, but the best? I don't think he measures up to CJ Penny, Eric Dunlap, Billy Payne, Scott Brown, Ponzer from SK (not sure on first name), and the list goes on. Saying the kid is good I would agree with, but the best? Not in my eyes.

 

I agree with you on this. Maddox will be very good this year... but CJ Penny is the shizzle! Penny is THE best player in the 8th this year.

I agree with you on this. Maddox will be very good this year... but CJ Penny is the shizzle! Penny is THE best player in the 8th this year.

 

Shizzle.......Interesting

WOW! The best? That is a very strong word. I have watched the kid play and he is good, but the best? I don't think he measures up to CJ Penny, Eric Dunlap, Billy Payne, Scott Brown, Ponzer from SK (not sure on first name), and the list goes on. Saying the kid is good I would agree with, but the best? Not in my eyes.

 

Nathan Ponzer from SK is not a top tier player in the 8th. He will have to fight to get a starting position at SK this year.

Nathan Ponzer from SK is not a top tier player in the 8th. He will have to fight to get a starting position at SK this year.

 

I knew it was only a matter of time before you commented on him, I was actually going to post saying I wonder how long it takes Tiger1 to say how he isn't very good because you for some reason always do. I honestly don't think Nathan really has to worry about getting a starting position at SK as long as he comes out and plays. Every year you hear that either Slavey or Barnes has imrpoved to the point that they are ready to take over and yet somehow Ponzer finds a way to play. The fact is that he is probably their best ball handler, a good shooter, and can flat out play defense. I don't know that I'd say he is the best but he is a top tier player.

I knew it was only a matter of time before you commented on him, I was actually going to post saying I wonder how long it takes Tiger1 to say how he isn't very good because you for some reason always do. I honestly don't think Nathan really has to worry about getting a starting position at SK as long as he comes out and plays. Every year you hear that either Slavey or Barnes has imrpoved to the point that they are ready to take over and yet somehow Ponzer finds a way to play. The fact is that he is probably their best ball handler, a good shooter, and can flat out play defense. I don't know that I'd say he is the best but he is a top tier player.

 

 

I didn't say Ponzer wasn't ANY good, just not a top tier player in the 8th. What will hurt him is that he did not play AAU over the summer like he usually does. Plus, not to mention that SK will most likely make the football playoffs and this will put him behind the other players who have been practicing since October.

 

Have you even seen Slavey or Barnes play this summer because I have. Slavey played in the Adidas tournament in Cincinnati with the Royals and with Team Kentucky in LA and averaged around 15-16 points against top notch competition. He is better than you think.

 

Barnes played with the Royals and the Jazz and played very well. This kid can flat out shoot the ball and has improved on his defense and ball handling.

 

In ending...I think overall SK will have some very good guards.

I didn't say Ponzer wasn't ANY good, just not a top tier player in the 8th. What will hurt him is that he did not play AAU over the summer like he usually does. Plus, not to mention that SK will most likely make the football playoffs and this will put him behind the other players who have been practicing since October.

 

Have you even seen Slavey or Barnes play this summer because I have. Slavey played in the Adidas tournament in Cincinnati with the Royals and with Team Kentucky in LA and averaged around 15-16 points against top notch competition. He is better than you think.

 

Barnes played with the Royals and the Jazz and played very well. This kid can flat out shoot the ball and has improved on his defense and ball handling.

 

In ending...I think overall SK will have some very good guards.

 

I will agree that not playing this summer definately didn't help him. Actually, I have seen both play and do think they both have improved. I wouldn't be surprised to see all three start this year, especially early on while Layne is out with an injury. Probably Ponzer at the 1, Barnes 2, and Slavey 3.

I didn't say Ponzer wasn't ANY good, just not a top tier player in the 8th. What will hurt him is that he did not play AAU over the summer like he usually does. Plus, not to mention that SK will most likely make the football playoffs and this will put him behind the other players who have been practicing since October.

 

Have you even seen Slavey or Barnes play this summer because I have. Slavey played in the Adidas tournament in Cincinnati with the Royals and with Team Kentucky in LA and averaged around 15-16 points against top notch competition. He is better than you think.

 

Barnes played with the Royals and the Jazz and played very well. This kid can flat out shoot the ball and has improved on his defense and ball handling.

 

In ending...I think overall SK will have some very good guards.

 

I think it's a good thing that Slavey and Barnes played well over the break, SK should have some very solid guards, add the big boy in the middle and they should be solid.

Shizzle.......Interesting

 

Yeah, I learned a new word this week....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.