Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region

Featured Replies

:thumb:

 

SK again this year will be in the finals point blank. Yea they loose their key starters but they have their jv stepping up who lost 1 game last year and won the 9th region jv tournament. I agree with tiger and salum, Layne will be the leader and at the end of the year one of the best players in the region. Slavey, barnes, and ponzer will all be fine because if your forgetting they did go up against a very good point guard in practice every day for the past 2 years, and the same can be said for what brandon maegley had to go against in practice every day.:thumb:

This isn't the JV league!!

  • Replies 126
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Oldham

2) Anderson

3) Gallatin

4) Shelby

5) Simon Kenton

 

Sleeper: Carroll County

  • Author
They might want to try and win (1) before they get into that walk!!

Agreed!!:lol:

1) Oldham

2) Anderson

3) Gallatin

4) Shelby

5) Simon Kenton

 

Sleeper: Carroll County

 

This looks about right to me..I would love to have CC as the sleeper, I am really not sure what to expect.

  • Author

Who does Carroll County have? I saw a game somewhere this summer, (not remembering what gym) but i didn't seen them have anyone returning but I like how hard they played.

1. Oldham

2. Anderson

3. Shelby

4. Henry

5. Gallatin

 

Sleeper: Simon Kenton- i will be suprised if they make it back to the regional finals this year

  • Author
1. Oldham

2. Anderson

3. Shelby

4. Henry

5. Gallatin

 

Sleeper: Simon Kenton- i will be suprised if they make it back to the regional finals this year

 

Gallatin- Who are they returing? Edmondson, perkins left. Who will be their go to guy this season?

Who does Carroll County have? I saw a game somewhere this summer, (not remembering what gym) but i didn't seen them have anyone returning but I like how hard they played.

 

Junior starters Cable and Allen...returning Senior K. Welch who did not play last season and Hendricks who played and started many games. Also Yager, Craig and Proctor some of the talented Sophmores that are looking for playing time.

 

CC also has some other Juniors that will see some significant minutes this year. We will be young but I think tough and disciplined.

Brown,Carlton,Maddox,Henson,Jones from 9 man rotation.

 

 

Edmondson and Perkins carried Gallatin last year, period. From what I saw from Gallatin in the regional semi-finals against SK last year, they didn't have much talent besides Perkins and Edmondson.

Good point. With Poner, Barnes, and Slavey facing Hester for the last few years probably helped them just as much as putting them in the game. I hope Simon does good I just don't know if they will have enough to make it top this year. Hope they prove me wrong.

 

-Has anyone heard anything about Walton Verona?

 

 

Walton will not be a factor this year in the 8th.

Edmondson and Perkins carried Gallatin last year, period. From what I saw from Gallatin in the regional semi-finals against SK last year, they didn't have much talent besides Perkins and Edmondson.

 

Let's see. 25-7. Victories against Shelby, Anderson, Ryle, Dixie, Lexington Christian, 31st District Champ (the toughest district in the 8th Region last year), a second straight 8th Region All 'A'' title, Phoenix Cactus Jam Champion, a 1 point loss to eventual champ Brossart in All 'A' Classic.

Gee, with that no talent bunch (as you say) that the Cats trotted out on the floor, how did Jon Jones not win KHSAA Coach of the Year?:confused:

Just out of curiosity, how many Gallatin games did you attend last season?

  • Author

I saw Gallatin play many many times last season, and I'd have to say they looked good through out the year, but I think last year was their year to really make anything happen. I think that this year they will be good but won't make much noise in the Regional Turny. In the All A' I'd give them the edge to win but other than that, thats all you'll see from Gallatin.

Let's see. 25-7. Victories against Shelby, Anderson, Ryle, Dixie, Lexington Christian, 31st District Champ (the toughest district in the 8th Region last year), a second straight 8th Region All 'A'' title, Phoenix Cactus Jam Champion, a 1 point loss to eventual champ Brossart in All 'A' Classic.

Gee, with that no talent bunch (as you say) that the Cats trotted out on the floor, how did Jon Jones not win KHSAA Coach of the Year?:confused:

Just out of curiosity, how many Gallatin games did you attend last season?

 

 

I made my statement based on what I saw. It is just my opinion.

 

Maybe I will be way off or right on the money. Let's see what they do this year!!

  • Author

Has any one seen the All A' bracket yet?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.