Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region

Featured Replies

  • Author

Has any one heard anything about Walton? Heard Payton Ponzer had a a very good summer.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again.:rolleyes: And it's not even September

 

 

I'll be the voice of reason, I think OC and AC will be the top two teams in the region but I do think SK will be solid. They were deep last season and Maegley is a big body with a soft touch, Layne, Ponzer and Barnes should all be quality players from the perimeter.

  • Author

How good do you think Simon Kenton's perimeter players going to be this year? Ponzer is the only one with minutes in varsity games, and everyone knows how much faster the game is in a varsity game. Will Barnes, and Slavey be able to adjust to the game quick enough?

I thought I remembered Barnes getting varsity minutes last year?

:thumb:

Zach Layne is back for Simon very good ball player he will be Simons leader this year.

 

SK again this year will be in the finals point blank. Yea they loose their key starters but they have their jv stepping up who lost 1 game last year and won the 9th region jv tournament. I agree with tiger and salum, Layne will be the leader and at the end of the year one of the best players in the region. Slavey, barnes, and ponzer will all be fine because if your forgetting they did go up against a very good point guard in practice every day for the past 2 years, and the same can be said for what brandon maegley had to go against in practice every day.:thumb:

  • Author
:thumb:

 

SK again this year will be in the finals point blank. Yea they loose their key starters but they have their jv stepping up who lost 1 game last year and won the 9th region jv tournament. I agree with tiger and salum, Layne will be the leader and at the end of the year one of the best players in the region. Slavey, barnes, and ponzer will all be fine because if your forgetting they did go up against a very good point guard in practice every day for the past 2 years, and the same can be said for what brandon maegley had to go against in practice every day.:thumb:

 

Good point. With Poner, Barnes, and Slavey facing Hester for the last few years probably helped them just as much as putting them in the game. I hope Simon does good I just don't know if they will have enough to make it top this year. Hope they prove me wrong.

 

-Has anyone heard anything about Walton Verona?

Zach Layne is back for Simon very good ball player he will be Simons leader this year.

 

He definately has the most Varsity time under his belt, but as far as a leader, do you mean leader in stats or the team leader? Because I honestly don't see him as being the vocal leader of this team.

 

Barnes and Slavey both saw very little Varsity action last year, but both can knock down some shots if left open. Maegley has a lot of size and touch but will have to get a lot more agressive and meaner in order to even come close to replacing Hurd. Josh Brown has some decent length to him which will come in handy because he will be relied on to help out with rebounding. Ponzer is the most experienced guard (I consider Layne to be a forward). He will have benefited from seeing a lot of playing time last year, plus since having surgery on his shooting hand, I look for him to be a deep threat.

Has any one heard anything about Walton? Heard Payton Ponzer had a a very good summer.

 

I heard the same. He will be expected to be one of the leaders of Walton this year. He has good size for a guard, probably could use a little more muscle. He is going to be difficult to defend for the smaller guards, as he has improved his ballhandling and his shot.

I look for Oldham and Anderson to be the top two most of the year. SK will probably be somewhere in the 3 to 5 range, and will make another run to the regional finals. Sadly though, I feel it will be the same result with Oldham repeating.

  • Author
I heard the same. He will be expected to be one of the leaders of Walton this year. He has good size for a guard, probably could use a little more muscle. He is going to be difficult to defend for the smaller guards, as he has improved his ballhandling and his shot.

 

 

I have seen him play from his simon kenton days, to his first years at walton and a little over the summer. His shot is not great but attacks the rim hard. He seems like he needs to hit the weight room alot to become a good good player. Who will Walton have to help Ponzer out? Any one?

  • Author
He definately has the most Varsity time under his belt, but as far as a leader, do you mean leader in stats or the team leader? Because I honestly don't see him as being the vocal leader of this team.

 

Barnes and Slavey both saw very little Varsity action last year, but both can knock down some shots if left open. Maegley has a lot of size and touch but will have to get a lot more agressive and meaner in order to even come close to replacing Hurd. Josh Brown has some decent length to him which will come in handy because he will be relied on to help out with rebounding. Ponzer is the most experienced guard (I consider Layne to be a forward). He will have benefited from seeing a lot of playing time last year, plus since having surgery on his shooting hand, I look for him to be a deep threat.

 

 

 

I agree. Ponzer is the best gaurd Simon has. It will be up to him to handle the ball throughout the game. And for Maegley.. Watching him play in J.V and varsity last year he needs to get more agressive. Well take that back, alot more agreesive. To soft in the post, but with his size and touch he could become a force in the post when he starts to gets agressive.

I agree. Ponzer is the best gaurd Simon has. It will be up to him to handle the ball throughout the game. And for Maegley.. Watching him play in J.V and varsity last year he needs to get more agressive. Well take that back, alot more agreesive. To soft in the post, but with his size and touch he could become a force in the post when he starts to gets agressive.

 

I think Ponzer is a good guard, but not the best on SK's team this year. I think Slavey is their best ball handler and definitely the best shooter. He played extremely well over the summer in AAU during the Adidas tournament in Cincinnati and with Team KY out in LA. He averaged around 15-17 points a game against the best competition. He will be the surprise player for SK.

 

Barnes is another outstanding shooting guard for SK. He has played well over the summer for the N KY Royals and the Jazz. He has worked hard on improving his defense and ballhandling.

 

I think Ponzer will contribute to the team's success this year. But, he will not be able to help right away since his football season won't get over until sometime in November.

 

I stated before that I think SK will be better than most people think and will contend for the 8th region title.

I have seen him play from his simon kenton days, to his first years at walton and a little over the summer. His shot is not great but attacks the rim hard. He seems like he needs to hit the weight room alot to become a good good player.

Who will Walton have to help Ponzer out? Any one?

 

Walton will have a small team but they will be very fast and will depend alot on the 3 ball. IMO Josh Jones will be their number 1 option he is a deadly three point shooter and is tall enough to body someone up. Ponzer will be a big attribute but last year he was very streaky in his scoring but after his big summer i think that will change. One person people need to watch out for considering walton is Scott Kirk he is waltons tallest player but is a very good shooter who can create his own shot off the dribble i look for him to be the teams second option besides jones. they have the chance of causing trouble in the all a. as for the region though i look for oldham to repeat and anderson to be a close 2nd

  • Author
I have seen him play from his simon kenton days, to his first years at walton and a little over the summer. His shot is not great but attacks the rim hard. He seems like he needs to hit the weight room alot to become a good good player.

 

Walton will have a small team but they will be very fast and will depend alot on the 3 ball. IMO Josh Jones will be their number 1 option he is a deadly three point shooter and is tall enough to body someone up. Ponzer will be a big attribute but last year he was very streaky in his scoring but after his big summer i think that will change. One person people need to watch out for considering walton is Scott Kirk he is waltons tallest player but is a very good shooter who can create his own shot off the dribble i look for him to be the teams second option besides jones. they have the chance of causing trouble in the all a. as for the region though i look for oldham to repeat and anderson to be a close 2nd

 

I've seen jones play, for the past few years and I would have to say he is one of the best stand still shooters i've seen in a long time. I think if ponzer can take crae of the ball for walton they will be fine and maybe be the sleeper in the 8th. But idk how strong Ponzer will be when he faces quicker people? Who knows?

 

Simon Kenton-Do you all think Simon will be better than last year? I think last year was simons one chance to make it to state and it just didn't happen. i wish it did because Hester, Hurd, and El deserved it, but how good can the play against OC again? or anderson? I still say their the two teams to beat.

Simon Kenton in a walk unless Oldham trips them up again. :walk: :argue:

They might want to try and win (1) before they get into that walk!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.