VB: NKY Blugrasspreps Top Ten?

carguy

How would you rank the top ten thusfar into the VB season?

Here is my shot at it:

1) NDA

2) Newport Catholic

3) St Henry

4) Ryle

5) Boone County

6) Simon Kenton

7) Highlands

8) Campbell County

9) Beechwood

10) Holy Cross

How would you rank the top ten thusfar into the VB season?

Here is my shot at it:

1) NDA

2) Newport Catholic

3) St Henry

4) Ryle

5) Boone County

6) Simon Kenton

7) Highlands

8) Campbell County

9) Beechwood

10) Holy Cross

NDA

NCC

St. Henry

Ryle

Holy Cross

Highlands

Campbell County

Simon Kenton

Beechwood

Boone

Although both teams appear pretty close, I believe the Camels are better than the Birds, just more inconsistent. CC beat Holy Cross and played Ryle tough, while Highlands has lost to Simon Kenton, Eastern and Logan Co. I am curious to see the Boone Co vs. Highlands outcome.

I imagine there will be lots of movement in the coach's poll.

Notre Dame just beat St. Ursula and played a strong Ursuline Academy team to 5 so I would expect they stay #1.

NCC handled St. Henry in 2 and would appear to take the #2 spot.

From there it gets a little gray

Ryle seems to be playing well but is still looking for a quality win. Their next chance for that is in Louisville next weekend.

St Henry has played a brutal schedule and is really struggling losing to Oak Hills last night.

Beechwood has beaten Holy Cross and Boone Co and lost to only NCC.

after that...

Simon has beaten Highlands and Ryle but lost to Ryle and Holy Cross. Holy Cross beat Simon but lost to Campbell Co who has lost to Highlands but beat Holy Cross. Boone has lost to Beechwood, split with Henry Clay and either lost or beat Highlands last night. And just when Highlands looked like they were out of the mix they beat Campbell County.

Although both teams appear pretty close, I believe the Camels are better than the Birds, just more inconsistent. CC beat Holy Cross and played Ryle tough, while Highlands has lost to Simon Kenton, Eastern and Logan Co. I am curious to see the Boone Co vs. Highlands outcome.

I imagine there will be lots of movement in the coach's poll.

Notre Dame just beat St. Ursula and played a strong Ursuline Academy team to 5 so I would expect they stay #1.

NCC handled St. Henry in 2 and would appear to take the #2 spot.

From there it gets a little gray

Ryle seems to be playing well but is still looking for a quality win. Their next chance for that is in Louisville next weekend.

St Henry has played a brutal schedule and is really struggling losing to Oak Hills last night.

Beechwood has beaten Holy Cross and Boone Co and lost to only NCC.

after that...

Simon has beaten Highlands and Ryle but lost to Ryle and Holy Cross. Holy Cross beat Simon but lost to Campbell Co who has lost to Highlands but beat Holy Cross. Boone has lost to Beechwood, split with Henry Clay and either lost or beat Highlands last night. And just when Highlands looked like they were out of the mix they beat Campbell County.

Calling St. Henry's schedule "brutal" is an understatement. Also, it doesn't get any easier. They have Ursuline, Notre Dame, Assumption, Presentation, the LIT (bunch of the same Louisville powerhouses), Henry Clay Tournament (Lexington's best), Northeast OH Tourney (Northern Ohio's best), and the Fall Classic at Cinci Mercy (Southern Oh's finest). This is after playing McCauley, Bishop Watterson, Louisville Mercy, Lousiville Sacred Heart already.

It has become obvious that post season play is the focus. This brutal regular season schedule prepares for success during the post season. Hopefully this year reaps the same results as the past 3 years...